SouthEast Florida Conchs Holiday Gathering: SAVE THE DATE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone! I just found out about ScubaBoard and the Christmas party through LowVisWiz, so I'm excited to get connected with other FL divers! I just moved to FL in Sept from CO. I do NOT miss the snow at all!

As for the party, I'm a "maybe" since I have tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet that night in Miami. Actually, I'm a "maybe-probably not-but don't forget me for the next party." I'm going with 3 other people (who are not divers) so I'll see if I can convince them to come to the party. I'm SO non-committal! I'll keep you updated. Thank you for organizing a fun event to get everyone together! :)

LOL..."Nutcracker"...sorry Cindy...it just struck me funny

Great! It'll be good to see you again. Just make sure you don't pretend to be in trouble. My instructor will expect me to save you to demonstration quality.....:rofl3:

I do have to ask, since the turn in this discussion about trading dates, should I change the title of the thread from "Save the Date" to "Trade your Date"???

Great! It'll be good to see you again. Just make sure you don't pretend to be in trouble. My instructor will expect me to save you to demonstration quality.....:rofl3:

LOL...been there done that. Back when I first started diving, Pixie and I were diving off Long Island NY. We had just come up from a nice dive and were paddling in on our backs. We did not see the rescue class on the beach and they assumed that we were in trouble and basically attacked us. That little fiasco cost me a new mask and snorkel, since they ripped mine off and threw it God knows where. So....please don't lets have a repeat of that.

I do have to ask, since the turn in this discussion about trading dates, should I change the title of the thread from "Save the Date" to "Trade your Date"???

Ummm ... NO. But! You could add the date of the party to the title!! Thanks Etep!

LOL...been there done that. Back when I first started diving, Pixie and I were diving off Long Island NY. We had just come up from a nice dive and were paddling in on our backs. We did not see the rescue class on the beach and they assumed that we were in trouble and basically attacked us. That little fiasco cost me a new mask and snorkel, since they ripped mine off and threw it God knows where. So....please don't lets have a repeat of that.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: That reminds me of the time my first CPR instructor (in the '70's) told me of the time he first learned CPR. They still did the precordal thump in those days. He came across a man in NYC who was lying motionless on a bench. He assumed the man was in trouble and ran to him and banged on his chest. The guy jumped up screaming.......he was only sleeping! I understand now why they got rid of the precordal thump!

I'll let my DM instructor know that you and Pixie will not be in any real trouble if we see you paddling out in the water...:wink: Just make sure you're not waving your arms wildly to get anyone's attention. Why the heck did they rip off your mask and snorkel since you were obviously conscious and breathing????

YIKES Jenny, your party made the SBB Newsletter!!! You might get peeps from all over the planet!!! It could turn out to be ScubaBoard Invades Jenny's!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom