SouthEast Florida Conchs Holiday Gathering: SAVE THE DATE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone! I just found out about ScubaBoard and the Christmas party through LowVisWiz, so I'm excited to get connected with other FL divers! I just moved to FL in Sept from CO. I do NOT miss the snow at all!

As for the party, I'm a "maybe" since I have tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet that night in Miami. Actually, I'm a "maybe-probably not-but don't forget me for the next party." I'm going with 3 other people (who are not divers) so I'll see if I can convince them to come to the party. I'm SO non-committal! I'll keep you updated. Thank you for organizing a fun event to get everyone together! :)

Welcome Cindy. Don't forget your thong. :doh2:The Nutcracker. :no: Oh my, you will fit right in here.

Hello everyone! I just found out about ScubaBoard and the Christmas party through LowVisWiz, so I'm excited to get connected with other FL divers! I just moved to FL in Sept from CO. I do NOT miss the snow at all!

As for the party, I'm a "maybe" since I have tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet that night in Miami. Actually, I'm a "maybe-probably not-but don't forget me for the next party." I'm going with 3 other people (who are not divers) so I'll see if I can convince them to come to the party. I'm SO non-committal! I'll keep you updated. Thank you for organizing a fun event to get everyone together! :)
OMG! my brain hurts... :D

Hi, Cindy!
Welcome to the board, and welcome to South Fl.

I have spoken to my neighbors of the party. All but one are quite willing to allow overflow parking. The folks right across from me can accomadate about 10 vehicles. The house to the south (foreclosed, nobody living there) can handle probably 6, I can put 3 on my swale, plus one in the driveway. The neighbors to the north may not be of much help cause they have so many cars already. There are a couple more houses to the south on the east and west sides of the street that can handle a few cars each though I have not yet talked to the owners of the property. But they should be OK, as should the neighbors further to the north. And there is always the Publix parking lot that we can arrange car pooling.

DO NOT PARK at the house where the stop sign is (corner of 73 Way and Cleveland St.) I talked to the son and he forewarned me that his mom will have vehicles towed.

On a yummy note.. I have 2 -1 gallon bags of chocolate covered pretzels, and at least 6 dozen of 3 different kinds of cookies made tonight. Will be making more this week.

If you think of it, bring your own glass. This will cut down on the trash (yes, let's conserve the environment), and when you leave, forgetting to take it with you, I will have a really fine collection. :rofl3:

Jenny, now that the party is just around the corner, as I told you I would wait to see what was needed before I offered something...what is needed? In addition to the bottle of Pina Colada mix I'm bringing. How about a shrimp ring? Or is there something else you think would go over better?

I dunno at this point. I at at the point of pre party panic.. ya know.. OMG!!! is there gonna be enough food, T.P., drinks, paper, napkins, rum, etc. It will all work out in the end and all will be good.
Suggestions..Ice, non alcoholic beverages, finger foods, my sanity, another dog or few, single guys... oh and a $10 max gift for the exchange.

How about I bring a boat cooler with ice, the Pina Colada mix (can you tell I would like to donate it?) and a lil' spaniel?

Perfect!

is there gonna be enough food, T.P., drinks, paper, napkins, rum, etc. It will all work out in the end and all will be good.

Don't worry Jenny, there's never enough TP when divers begin to tell stories :D

Wiz

Heya Cindy!

Good to see you posting...
Wiz

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom