South Pacific Dive School (Maui)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if this guy is still around?? He was operating out of Kihei at the time I took my OW. I honestly don't remember his name...

Bill Digby or Digney is his name. I understood he moved away.

Al Mialkovsky:
Bill Digby or Digney is his name. I understood he moved away.

That does sound familiar...Hmmm, wonder where he went. :thinking:

I'm guessing Canada but I haven't heard anything for more than a year now.

Al Mialkovsky:
I'm guessing Canada but I haven't heard anything for more than a year now.
Is he Canadian, or was he running from the law (civil court or criminal)?

Billy is Canadian I believe. Had a gf and baby back there.

Al Mialkovsky:
Billy is Canadian I believe. Had a gf and baby back there.

Hmm...I don't remember him saying he was canadian. I know he was ex-military, or at least that's what he told us.

I did my open water with him and I won't say he was a bad instructor, but he did appear to have some other issues. I have gone through another instructor in CA for everything thing since and I thought he was going to choke when I told him I did my open water classwork on King Kam 1 beach with some guy working out of a van.

It was a VERY abbreviated class and it was just myself and a German lady, that even I knew he shouldn't pass. She couldn't even clear her mask without panic setting in and her bolting to the surface. I spent most of the three days "class" on my knees in the sand waiting for him to coax her back down. I was going through some stuff the other day and found my temp card, It just made me wonder if he was still in business.

divebuddysean:
Check out this page at the bottom:

http://www.johann-sandra.com/hawaii/maui/mauidiveshops.htm

Maybe he's on the run from his clients!

Sean

Man, with all those name changes, it sure must get expensive repainting that van!!

I don't think he was a bad guy, but I do think he had a drinking problem. On the first day he went on and on about the rules and his one big thing was not to keep him waiting. Well he was over 30 minutes late the second day and you could definitely smell why and over 2 hours late on our last day. I had to track him all over the island to grade my test, actually wound up meeting him on the side of the road in Maui Meadows to grade it. He wasn't even speaking coherently when he did it.

I liked Bill and I'm not going to trash him here. He had his fair share of problems for sure but I've been told I'm not perfect too. I've read that review about SPDS and that's an opinion for sure.

He had a serious car crash some time back on Maui which put him in the hospital for awhile. I'd love to know where he is too.

Back
Top Bottom