South Pacific Dive School (Maui)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al, I didn't think he was a bad guy at all, I quite liked diving with him. He just didn't come across very professional. I was just curious if he was still in business.

Man, with all those name changes, it sure must get expensive repainting that van!!

I think you're looking TOO far down the page... those aren't all his businesses! :D

As for the professionalism -- doing classwork on the beach is considered a "perk" of doing your training in Hawaii... much better than a stuffy classroom, IMO!

The drunkenness stuff / extreme tardiness, however is a little sketchy. If you feel strongly about it, I would encourage notifying the training agency (PADI, NAUI, etc.) that he is/was affiliated with -- as dive instructors, it is important to the collective image that we retain some form of professionalism, and it's disappointing to hear of this sort of issue from a student of one of my colleagues.

KrisB:
I think you're looking TOO far down the page... those aren't all his businesses! :D

As for the professionalism -- doing classwork on the beach is considered a "perk" of doing your training in Hawaii... much better than a stuffy classroom, IMO!

The drunkenness stuff / extreme tardiness, however is a little sketchy. If you feel strongly about it, I would encourage notifying the training agency (PADI, NAUI, etc.) that he is/was affiliated with -- as dive instructors, it is important to the collective image that we retain some form of professionalism, and it's disappointing to hear of this sort of issue from a student of one of my colleagues.

He he...I got certified over 5 years ago, I really didn't mean to get into all this.

I really was just curious if the guy was still around and in business!

I didn't mean to imply that anyone had trashed him. I was just saying that I won't post rumors and stories I've heard. My wife was a student of his and she loves Bill.

As far as instructors and dive leaders go I've learned much more from Brad at B&B.

Wow, I didn't know that I was that popular...... Thank you for those who ACTUALLY know me and did not trash my name and as for those who seem to have a negative opinion and have never even met me, here is an update on the rumours that you sooo sadly have nothing better to do in your life than to read. Firstly, I am not on the run from anyone - any misunderstandings were settle personally and with prejudice. The few complaints that I may have had were due to administration problems and not regarding my service or any bad training as a Master Instructor. (Sorry Jennifer, for the most -all intructors have to go at the pace of the slowest student) I retired from diving after a serious accident and 10,000+ dives/20 yrs of successfull teaching. I returned to working in the medical field and am in the process of completing my doctorate. Up until Oct 2008, I have resided in the same addess on Maui but now split my time between Hawaii and the mainland because of school. My company never changed names, "Kris" just my domain names were different and I had 32 of them - it's called marketing. My telephone number was and still is 808-283-9789 should anyone care to call me. And Jennifer, I do not smell..... lol but i will agree that on occasions my tardiness did leave a lot to be desired as they say. Nasty divorces will do that to you my dear. Al, thanks again for stepping in, I hope that you are enjoy your part-time diving career and wish you and the mrs happy holdays... ;D

On close, 'Vic' in a good instructor and a close friend/associate - and I did not "just use his number" without permission as was stated. Aloha

Firstly, I am not on the run from anyone - any misunderstandings were settle personally and with prejudice.

I think you'll note it was a question regarding heading off to Canada. And it was an either/or question.

I retired from diving after a serious accident and 10,000+ dives/20 yrs of successfull teaching.

I'm sorry to hear that.

My company never changed names, "Kris" just my domain names were different

You'll note it was Jennifer that commented on the repainting the van, and that the business names I was referring to were mentioned on one of the links someone brought up and was correcting her impression of you having multiple business names.

On close, 'Vic' in a good instructor and a close friend/associate - and I did not "just use his number" without permission as was stated. Aloha

I'm sorry, Bill... but teaching without being current (as was reported on that thread) and using another instructor's number to certify divers is inexcusable. For Vic's sake, I was hoping you had done that without his permission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom