South County Reef- Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John from the burg

Contributor
Reaction score
After the amazing popularity of my Indian shores reef report i figured id make you all jealous again and tell you about south county last night. Permission to live vicariously granted. :shakehead:

2012-07-29 17.15.01.jpg
2012-07-29 17.15.42.jpg

Bloaf picked me up at the house around 330 and we pushed off the jungle prada ramp around 5. Unlike our last dive it was perfect outside, seas 1-2 feet at 10 seconds with the sun shining. Johns pass was slammed packed and we couldn't help but notice we were the only ones going out and not coming in, o well more for us. We fly out there in no time and drop on the east side of the buoy hoping to find the orange tug that is supposedly down there (fish finder is in the mail). After a few grid patterns and even tracking due east from the buoy chain we came up with lots of bridge pieces but no tug. Chased a few monsters into their holes only to never be seen again. Bloaf hit a couple fish and my buddy rick got one but in all what we saw on that site was pretty dead compared to Indian shores and veterans reefs. Vis was around 15-20 most of the time but less to see down there than i like. Pop up from my second tank right at sunset and get to watch it go down bobbing in the water.

Attachments

• 2012-07-29 17.15.21.jpg
    2012-07-29 17.15.21.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom