South Carolina Deputy Killed in the Line of Duty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sccaleb

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
One of South Carolina's finest passed away last night at the hands of the evil he dedicated his life to fighting. A Spartanburg County Deputy was shot after intiating a traffic stop... he leaves behind a wife and two little girls.

When you walk the blue line, you never know when it may be your last day to tell someone you love them.

God bless Deputy Carper and his family... I know it is weighing heavily on my heart and on the heart of other law enforcement officers.

Here is the story for those of you who want to know:

Spartanburg County deputy killed during traffic stop
Suspect shot, died later at the hospital

Published: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 5:33 am

NEWS STAFF

A Spartanburg County deputy is dead this morning at the hands of a man he pulled for a traffic stop, Sheriff Chuck Wright said.
Deputy Kevin Carper, 39, was shot in the chest by Terry Lee Brooks shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday when he stopped Brooks on Midway Park Drive near Interstate 85 and U.S. 129 near Wellford. He died at the scene. Brooks was also shot, and died later at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center. According to the sheriff's report, when Carper stopped Brooks car, Brooks emerged and bolted on foot. Carper was married and had two children.

Condolences to the family.

I heard about it on the way into work this morning. My thoughts are prayers with with his wife and kids. I am glad he was able to return fire. Very sad for his family and for our community.

Unfortunately it appears that this is going to be another case of our jail system messing up again. The Sheriff of Spartanburg County said this afternoon that this suspect has a criminal history that is very long... probably should still be in jail. Now a good man is dead because of him.

Continue to pray for the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, Deputy Carper, and his family. Anyone involved with law enforcement knows that when a police officer dies, the whole law enforcement community is shaken.

Caleb

Yet another indictment of all that is bad in this world.

May he rest in peace and his family be at peace

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom