Sorry, yet another water temp question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds like were looking at another rough water weekend for beach diving....say it isn't true?

sunday and Monday look like it may be a little bumpy but not too bad. I'm expecting 3-4 foot seas and a short period. hopefully it will calm down a bit as we get into the weekend.

sunday and Monday look like it may be a little bumpy but not too bad. I'm expecting 3-4 foot seas and a short period. hopefully it will calm down a bit as we get into the weekend.
I'm one of those disgusting divers that just never seems to get seasick (probably just jinxed myself) and compared to some of the seas I've been on out of WPB, 3 to 4 foot sounds wonderful. Not to mention that if the sea is a little "sporty" the boats tend to be a little less crowded. :D

I got 82° off the beach yesterday. Flat seas.. sigh.. hoping it continues through the weekend, but the forecast ain't lookin' too good. Oh, vis off the beach was about 35', but was clouded by the bazillion jellyfish. just the clear ones, not the stinging ones, thankfully

I got 82° off the beach yesterday. Flat seas.. sigh.. hoping it continues through the weekend, but the forecast ain't lookin' too good. Oh, vis off the beach was about 35', but was clouded by the bazillion jellyfish. just the clear ones, not the stinging ones, thankfully
Thanks Jenny,

Based off this last reading I decided to go with 3 + core and it was perfect. Water temps Juno and Corridor 80 to 81. Weird currents today though. Dropped in at Juno. Light current. Felt wrong. Checked the compass and sure enough, headed south. Obviously didn't get much of Juno but still a nice dive. Two reef sharks kept circling near the end of the dive. Second shark had hook, sinker and line trailing. :(

Second dive was Corridor. Based on first dive Capt Van dropped us with plans for a south current. Yep, so far so good. Midway through, current switched. Now north. :shocked2: Fortunately it was still pretty light so was able to finish dive as planned.

Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited:
Saw 80 on all my dives today all in the 80-105' range. I was cold using a 3 mil and hood by the the 3rd dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom