Sorry, yet another water temp question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Headed to WPB this weekend and trying to decide 3 with core warmer or the 5 .. or just bring it all.

From what I can find looks like water temps about 76 degrees at 80 feet or so? Any thermocline lately?

Thanks! :D

couple of days ago we had 73-74 degrees at 90'. a cold upwelling from the 78-80 just before that. and back to 78-80 for today. I'm diving in my 3mm but with my lavacore undies.

Ok, looks like I am packing the Dive Shop. :D

I dived Boynton Beach and Jupiter Friday May 8 through Sunday May 17. Most temps were 77-78 but it was only 73 with thermocline last Friday and Saturday. Warmed up a little on Sunday to 75-76. I wore a full 5 and hooded vest the entire time and was never too warm.

Bit warmer for beach diving. In the 78-80° range.. awwwhh woot!

Very timely topic, as I'll be down that way (Jupiter) myself this weekend, and coming from MN, packing space is always an issue. Sounds like I'll be leaving my 3 at home and bringing the 5 with an extra layer (I'm a wimp). Don't mean to de-rail the thread, but if anyone knows what the prediction is for viz this weekend, would love to know that as well.

Thanks,
James

Very timely topic, as I'll be down that way (Jupiter) myself this weekend, and coming from MN, packing space is always an issue. Sounds like I'll be leaving my 3 at home and bringing the 5 with an extra layer (I'm a wimp). Don't mean to de-rail the thread, but if anyone knows what the prediction is for viz this weekend, would love to know that as well.

Thanks,
James
No worries James and it's a question that I always have myself. But experience has taught me that in WPB/Jupiter the viz is like money. Here one day and gone the next!

The only thing that seems to have a positive predictive value is when they are releasing water from the reservoir and that has a negative effect on viz. :( To my knowledge, that isn't happening.

Here's to 100+ viz for both of us.

Happy diving!

Lisa

Steady east wind starting Friday afternoon, building Saturday afternoon, should hopefully bring nice clear water in from the gulf stream. Also haven't had a lot of rain lately so shouldn't be a lot of runoff from the drainage canals. Take your seasick meds for sunday/Monday though. 3-5ft seas.

Ughh.. figures.. was planning to beach dive on Monday..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom