Sorry to insist: which red filter is best for GoPro 3....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee filter color 779 sheet vs URPro. Similar. Lee a little darker, brings out more color but cuts a little more light. IMHO, most of these filters are more alike than different when it comes to color correction. Where they differ is cost, removable underwater and ability to add a diopter.

[vimeo]57799709[/vimeo]

Last edited:
I watched but didnt notice a big difference in filters or color enhancement. I assume it must be better done underwater?
Im also thinking of a red filter, having a tough time making a decision which brand to get. I like the idea of snap on and off, or the flip one for easy removal, however its the video quality and color im most concerned about. Price isnt too bad considering what ive spend for the gopro cam and lighting already. Cost more than the trip. LOL

Yeah, wanted to show there is not much difference between these 2 filters. Marty had a clip comparing the UrPro and Backscatter. They looked very similar too.

Thanks to all for taking the time to provide your insights.

As some mentioned, the price is not huge, so I ordered the SRP and the Polar and will see how that goes...

To Rockyheap: I have a French first name and an Italian last name, but am actually Dutch ;-)

RA

Hey rcaqua,
It's JennPenn from Backscatter. If you're still looking for red filters for your GoPro, check out our FLIP3.1 color correction system:
FLIP3.1 Underwater Color Correction System with DIVE Filter for GoPro Hero3 & Hero3+

Our rugged design is made from machined aluminum. The FLIP design lets you flip the filter into place when you want to use it, and out of the way when you don't, without risk of losing it. We also have 3 different red filters for blue water diving, a magenta filter for fresh or cold water diving and a yellow filter for night diving fluorescence. For added flexibility in your GoPro set-up, you can also add a top FLIP for adding another filter or lens.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom