Sony T1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone other than TJO used one of these suckers? For a budget camera it has got a massive screen and the marine pack has all the buttons other than turn display off (not much good without that!)

All-in-all not much bigger than one of those things you keep your money dry in on the beach.

Very tempted but wondering if anyone else has played with it.

TJO if you're watching share some snaps from it and see you Saturday

What no takers?

Well I played about with TJO's on Saturday whilst he was playing around with a yellow turtle and loved it - so bought one Sunday.

Hopefully will have a chance to have a play with it this weekend while the instructor is not looking - not sure it is DIR though :54:

Jonathan:
What no takers?

Well I played about with TJO's on Saturday whilst he was playing around with a yellow turtle and loved it - so bought one Sunday.

Hopefully will have a chance to have a play with it this weekend while the instructor is not looking - not sure it is DIR though :54:

Hey Jonathan
What were your results with the T1? I'm thinking of a purchase and need advice from a first hand user.
Thanks
Jan T.

Hi Jan,
I have a Sony T1 and have a Sony housing for it with the external filter. It is a great camera, truly portable (really fits in your shirt pocket) and goes everywhere with you easily.I bought it in March for a trip to Europe and everyone else in our party left their digital cameras at our residence because the T1 took the best pictures and was a real pocket camera.
The housing is pretty rugged,is easy to install camera and close, and allows just about all functions to be utilized.Good for kayaking and rainy days and has a 40 meter rating for underwater use. The downside is the flash is just about useless underwater so low light pictures are metered at slow shutter speeds. All in all a convienent setup for picture taking that fits in the palm of you hand. It's not a true professional camera but will bring back nice vacation and dive pics at 5 megapixels. I could post a few pics of a recent trip to Andros (blue hole and reef dives) Bahamas.
Good Luck,
Meade :fish:

Jan T:
Hey Jonathan
What were your results with the T1? I'm thinking of a purchase and need advice from a first hand user.
Thanks
Jan T.

Hey,

I'm thinking about buying a T1 too. Any other reviews out there? I'm not looking for a top of the line scuba camera. I really want it as a "land" camera, but it would be nice to take some under water pics as well. Does the t1 do ok under water? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom