Somethings wrong with this picture?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The waters 13 degrees c (56f). The two divers are about to put regs in mouth and drop down for a dive.
But somethings wrong. How fast can you spot the flaw?

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
The waters 13 degrees. The two divers are about to put regs in mouth and drop down for a dive.
But somethings wrong. How fast can you spot the flaw?
That's pretty obvious...:D

Looks like neither of them turned on their air, LP hoses limp. Faces dry, neither of them "kissed the water" before a cold dive, good way to aspirate if one loses a mask, the main secondary regs should be held underwater unless the air temp is high. And the answer is...

ahh sorry guys-we're metric-13 c is 56f roughly

13 degrees has to be C. So that is about 55 degrees F. Cold but not real cold. First thing I noticed was no gloves. Second was I did not see the spare octo but the diver on the left might have a long hose and being going to share the primary. Hard to tell quickly for me from photo. I could not see the tanks for either one of them. Missing tank not so good.

Right side diver puts his gloves on in the water -yea i dunno why either.
left diver has long hose reg in his left hand
Both divers have tanks.
No occy true--but air2 visible on left shoulder.
Ahh sorry guys was making fun of myself-Hood not tucked makes it not a lot of use.

The gloves are a personal issue, I find 60 and below I feel I need gloves.

I think the guy on the left has an integrated octo/inflator.

I notice that the chest strap on the diver on the left is either not clipped or broken.

I have a hood that I often used to dive with. In 55 degree water I would not tuck it. Gave me enough head warmth and kept leakage out from the core. Knew many tucked but did not like that feeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom