Something wacky wif the site...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wanted to be a guiding force of a huge operation like SB. :wink:

It just goes to show, we do listen to your input, if it's simple, non-controversial and easy to implement and I'm bored at the moment :joke:

I was confused with what's available where, but I finally figured out what is going on. I'm using a Mac all the time right now. None of the browsers on the Mac behave quite the same as the Windows ones, but my biggest problem is I usually use Safari, which is the browser that comes with OS x and the one that generally seems to work best. But even if I have the portal theme selected, I still get the Classic theme in Safari. So I can't get dive info or the "posts for last day" features among other things.

So I'm just making myself links to do the same things. Like
http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?&do=getdaily&days=3&exclude=19 (combining days with exclude is nice!)
and http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=extra

Don't see any technical reason they couldn't be in classic, they're just links. Ah, it's not a technical reason ... :) But really, people are often encouraged to fill out dive info, it seems silly to leave one of the profile items out of Classic. If you've got a new user using Safari, they're never going to know it exists and be confused when people keep telling them to fill it out.

I'll try and get a few more of the features added to the classic theme. There are two reasons why some features are not avaliable... first we like leaving the classic theme as pure as possible for those users who want less "stuff". Secondly and perhaps less importantly to you (but more importantly to you), grouping our extended features to the portal templates makes it much easier to keep things working and fix bugs. While it seems like only a link there is a different template system for the classic theme so if I make a change in one it has to be copied over... that isn't a technical limitation, just a lack of operator avaliability. Still, you are right and I will see that simple things like Dive Info exist in all the skins.

The dive info page should be appearing now on all styles, let me know if it is not.

but my countdown timer disappeared? Does that mean I'll always be 99 days from Oahu; kinda like Groundhog day?!

I see it here on the portal theme, it will not appear on the classic theme so as to avoid tainting that theme for those people who like a pure and simple layout (we don't like those people much :joke: ).

Makes sense to not have countdown timer in Classic, not an essential feature. (I was curious to see it, but I couldn't see it in Mozilla or IE on the Mac either in portal view, but maybe it was turned off at the time I tried, or maybe it's JS wierdness.)

I still don't see "Edit Dive Info" under the CP in Classic in either Safari or Mozilla. I cleared my cache.

I had it in the quick links page, now it is everywhere it should be.

Back
Top Bottom