Something far more fun than SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sloggy around in ankle deep, slipperier than ice clay mud with no light and a pouring rain trying to get hogs up on something dry.

The chickens have finally roosted and the cattle have moved to higher although still soggy ground.

Being a SCUBA instructor is becoming more appealing by the minute!!

We don't have it as bad as you do. Its only been raining the last two days.

Hope you don't need the gear to get out.

Becareful,

Tom

It's been snowing here for two days now! this winter was very mild and in these last 2 days we got more snow than all winter long... Good news is that some parts of the St-laurence are'nt fozen so next week end diving we go....
m&m

The radio news reported this morning that as of 0800 Tuesday, D/FW airport was reporting over 6-inches of rain collected since it started on Monday (03/18/02).

I'm starting to think I need my drysuit just to go fetch the mail.

BTW, Tom, I had to return the suit to Alec for repair. Silly thing developed a leak in the right ankle.

Also, did BJ call you?

Originally posted by m&m
It's been snowing here for two days now! this winter was very mild and in these last 2 days we got more snow than all winter long... Good news is that some parts of the St-laurence are'nt fozen so next week end diving we go....
m&m

Where on the St L do you go? Ever get down to Prescott?

Hello DivingGal,

Yes, Prescot, Cardinal, Brockville, Rockport and Kingston...
At least 3-4 times each,
I like the Keystorm, Daryaw, lock 21, the Davis (the rediscovered wreck in kingston) and the Wolf Islander II ...
I will be diving the Roy A JODREY this fall and I'm looking forward to it...
m&m

p.s.
my groop and I will go dive the Rothesay april 7 th,
www.total-diving.com

jbd,

I just got back from Ashland, KY. I saw some pretty bad flooding in the areas I passed on I 64. I hope all is well.

Chad

Chad,

The kids were out of school due to flooding but the water levels have dropped pretty quickly now that the rain has stopped. The wife didn't go to work in Georgetown due to the flooding of roads.

The critters have all survived but there is much to be done now to dry things out.

So much for teaching the swift water diving--just couldn't put a class together quick enough!!

From the Highway I could see several gas stations and other businesses near the exits flooded. Fortunatly the Highway was clear or I would be spending more time in Ashland.

I am glad all is working out for you.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom