Someone looking for glasses lost at Aquapalooza in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexKilpatrick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
(not me)

At least they have GPS coordinates:

Hi there, this weekend at Aquapoolosa my wife dropped her brand new glasses, I have a boat and marked it on my GPS where we were sitting. I can take you out there and compensate you for your time. My number is 512-786-7381

Thanks,Sean

I can't post URLs, but if you search Austin Craigslist for "Scuba" you will find it.

Yeah, I wonder what "compensate you for your time" really means.

I expect it means that if you find them they will give you $20 and if you don't find them you will get a disgusted look and $0.

Have fun with that!

38277_409944648692_48009558692_4755994_5416908_n.jpg

How accurate are Gps coordinates anyway? I know I don't like to follow their directions.

Eyeglass straps are cheap, but I wear a yellow floating strap on trips in case I drop them while gearing up. Wear them for the entire trip so I don't forget.

Eyeglass straps are cheap, but I wear a yellow floating strap on trips in case I drop them while gearing up. Wear them for the entire trip so I don't forget.

Yep me to and my wife and daughters tell me its embarrassing :idk: it doesn't bother me !!

How accurate are Gps coordinates anyway? I know I don't like to follow their directions.

It depends on the GPS system, but it can be anywhere from +-30' to =-1'. The last time I played with my GPS, it was telling me I need to go 20' more feet to my house, when I was standing in my house, the marker was on my neighbors house.

And you have the drift-while-sinking factor too. S&R literature says to increase the search radius by 1 foot for every foot of depth. Some of us have found this to be true when hunting for lost masks. :rofl3:

If we assume 100' of water, combining GPS and drift gives a circle with 130' radius. That gives about 53,000 sq ft (about 1.2 acres) to search for something that is almost invisible.

Got to wonder about the bacteria count after that event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom