Someone looking for glasses lost at Aquapalooza in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone ever find those glasses? Me and my son were thinking about doing a dive out there just for fun. No telling what kind of stuff is on the bottom.:D

Let us know what you find :D

I'm sure they moved alot of silt around when they removed all the raft up buoy stuff. I give it a 30% chance to find the glasses. Got the coordinates marked on my GPS. Seems he lost them in a busy part of the raft up, so it should be interesting.

lostglasses.jpg

No luck on the glasses. My son did find a Brad Paisley guitar pick, an ipod, towel, fishing pole and a pair cheap sunglasses.
I found zilch. I was actually surprised how clean the bottom was. Not even that many beer cans.:idk:
The vis was about 3 feet, the best I've seen it up in that area. The "ranch house" could actually be a decent dive right now. I have coordinates for that if anyone is interested.
I called Sean this morning and told him I had no luck. If anyone else wants to give it a try, here are the coordinates.
N 30deg24.481
W 097deg59.114
39.2 feet that day
The bottom is mostly gravel with little vegetation. If I had done some kind of search grid, I probably could have found them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom