Someone is cheating....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since all that's left is pieces there's no reason to head out there on opening day so everyone can go elsewhere. :D

I have a couple of secret ledges in Venice that I was saving for later in the season, I'll try instead (unless this is a misinformation ploy by MissD to discourage other crabbers).

:rofl3: Busted :wink:

I'm going to go with the others... If there were bits all over, like a lil massacre, probably an octopus. They clean out the body and the legs and just leave bits of shell.

Now since this 500 lb octopus has eaten all the crab, please follow Mike/Sharkwatcher to his spots. I'll stay at the rocks and pick up the left-overs :wink:

Maybe a night crab grab at midnite 15 Oct is the ticket....might even catch the crab murdering octopus in the process.

Crazy Crab Question!

I'm back down in FLORIDA now (YEAH BABY), but I've never hunted for the ELUSIVE BLUE CRAB!

SO, my question. No laughing. Do you need a license?

Thanks folks!

Crazy Crab Question!

I'm back down in FLORIDA now (YEAH BABY), but I've never hunted for the ELUSIVE BLUE CRAB!

SO, my question. No laughing. Do you need a license?

Thanks folks!
Just a fishing license, no special stamp

The crab most divers hunt is the STONE crab. You harvest the claws only and leave the crab behind to re-grow them.
(Yes I take both, as long as the law allows it)

Well cool!

I picked up my fishing license the first day down here, as well as a five year lobster license.

I don't THINK I've ever seen a Stone Crab.... I'll have to GOOGLE it!

Ok Newbie to FL Q? And where do you get such licenses?

Hey AquaPixie!

THAT one, I may know!

I picked up my saltwater license and my lobster license at Walmart!

Ok Newbie to FL Q? And where do you get such licenses?
If you've been a FL resident more than 6 months, you can go to myfwc.com and get your license online, otherwise Walmart is a good source.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom