some thing good about Scuba Sciences Inc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In 1993 was was searching for information on an older single hose regulator, the "Sea Pro DS/FS." The company had totally disappeared and I had exhausted my California contacts. A Phoenix diver, Harry Backenstein who was in the middle of writting 'Whos's who of Scuba Diving," suggested I write Scuba Sciences. He stated they were big fans of Sea Pro and were at that time sill using the regulators and Sea Pro's most famous product the "At Pac"

I wrote SCUBA Sciences asking if they had any information on the Sea Pro DS/FS. A few days later I received an envelope containing several pages of the overhaul procedures and a schematic of the regulator but no letter, or no contact name . It was the right company, Sea Pro, but the wrong model, I had requested information on the DS/FS model 100 and they send me information on the model 200 (or vis-a-versa.)

I wrote a thank you letter in which I stated they had sent some valuable information, but not what I needed- Did they have information on the other model-what ever it was?

No answer! Wrote again- no answer! My interest was directed to other areas and the quest for Sea Pro information put aside.

Now 14-perhaps 15 years later I have the opportunity to thank Scuba Sciences for their quick response to my request but concurrently state their follow up and lack of response left a little to be desired. However, I must also recognize that they are in the business of selling goods and services and not a repository of data like a public library---But I still need the information! SDM
FYI
As a post script;
My family has had a connection to Arizona long before state hood. Several Arizona land marks and cities...

Early in the Koren war I was stationed at Luke AFB --I wrote of my misadventures in building a CO2 Spear Gun at Luke AFB in "The Magnificent Gas Gun" in my column "The way it was" in "Discover Diving" in 1992. I also had a column in Arizona Diving News titled "Our Diving heritage." Wrote lots of articles on early Arizona diving--including diving in San Carlos in the early 1950s to 1965. Ii has changed a wee bit as has Arizona and Diving.

I was a good friend of the late Boris Inocenti, who opened the very first Dive shop in Arizona in the 1950s? 60s?

And My Son Sam IV, who is also listed in "Who's who of Scuba diving" is completing a four year ER internship at Kingman hospital.

So a strong Arizona connection but still, after all these good years, no information on the Regulator DS/FS model # 100 & 200!

Yes, I would shop at Scuba Sciences and allow them to work on my equipment if I were a citizen of the Valley of the sun!

Cheers from California --were it all began!

SDM

Maybe I'm the only one who sees this as a bad thread for someone who likes Scuba Sciences to post. When a new diver searches for local dive shops (or someone new to AZ) and they punch in "Scuba Sciences" they will see a thread with over 200 posts about problems, followed by a thread pleading for someone to share something good. If they search a little further they'll realize that the person who posted the second thread may not work for SS, but is working on their Divecon through them. Not exactly impartial - it appears more as a sign of desperation.

That's just my thought on the matter.

undefined:
What I saw when I read the post you are referring to, was.
1 incident with 200+ opinions.

IF, all of those that responded were not happy with the store, due to their personal dealings, I didn't read it that way.

I didnt notice that it was regarding anything but 1 person's dissatisfaction with service/response he received after his problem.
And alot of opinions on how things could of been handled better.

As for the DC student in question, he let you know who and what he was regarding to his relationship with the store from the beginning.

:yinyang: I think if you have a connection with any group, you get tired of hearing opinions from people you never met, and just like to hear something good after a while.:yinyang:

steeleflyn:
I didnt notice that it was regarding anything but 1 person's dissatisfaction with service/response he received after his problem.
And alot of opinions on how things could of been handled better.

Don't forget Scuba Sciences' response and attitude to the problem and the post. That's what it's really about.

I've got something good to post about Scuba Sciences.... they're not in my state! :D

Another good thing - they won't be servicing my reg.

What do I win?

undefined:
I've got something good to post about Scuba Sciences.... they're not in my state! :D

Another good thing - they won't be servicing my reg.

What do I win?

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I do have to concur that the last several posts do seem contrary to the intent of your original post. Although I think that both sam miller and steeleflyn have posted in support of your original request.

You can ask any Moderator - shown here in green: http://www.scubaboard.com/showgroups.php -
to edit and delete them for you.

btw, I would've sent you a PM but you're not accepting them.

sjspeck:
I do have to concur that the last several posts do seem contrary to the intent of your original post. Although I think that both sam miller and steeleflyn have posted in support of your original request.

I posted two good things about Scuba Sciences. The original question is subjective, so a good thing may not just be limited to a compliment...

undefined:
I posted two good things about Scuba Sciences. The original question is subjective, so a good thing may not just be limited to a compliment...
I certainly can agree with your position since the original post is somewhat ambiguous. I just wanted to make the OP aware of his options as he apparently doesn't see it that way.

I actually posted something to this effect in a previous thread on this post but later deleted it since I felt that it didn't add anything constructive to the post.

Back
Top Bottom