some questions on double tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 3 sets of doubles all hp 80's,100's,120's. And I take them apart all the time if I go and will do a couple of deep lake dives, they come apart and go to gather fast. I have done it enough times. I have the bands traced out with a marker, pull the plugs put the isolator valve in and turn I have wood gauge blocks for the top and bottom.
I don't understand the dumping the air part, maybe it is because I have had a compressor for so long, I forgot what it was like to save air.

Yes, I do have 1 left and 1 right mod valve on my xs scuba tanks... I ordered them that way knowing that they would eventually be doubled.

I thought that u had to drain the air to install the iso manifold, is this not the case???

Yes, I do have 1 left and 1 right mod valve on my xs scuba tanks... I ordered them that way knowing that they would eventually be doubled.

I thought that u had to drain the air to install the iso manifold, is this not the case???

*Always* verify your cylinders are empty *Before* you work on the valves, manifold, safeties, manifold plugs etc.

Tobin

Does anyone change the tanks back and forth from doubles to singles regularly or just leave em doubled and buy new singles?

The entire process of setting up doubles is such a pain in the buttocks that I always leave doubles as doubles.

Back
Top Bottom