Some people’s wet dreams are about to come true!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are we thinking this new Genesis Centauri is going to be the new ultimate cheap dive computer? I have been looking for one to buy for my girlfriend. Will it be a good backup when she ultimately gets a Teric?

I have two Terics but this looks like something for a lot of people who love cheap and it says it’s geared for the rec market, should do well. I ordered one to see how it compares to my main computer and think it should serve well as a loaner.
Thanks @lexvil

I look forward to your review. I reviewed the Watoom Cyano for DGX, it turned out to be a real POS.

So are we thinking this new Genesis Centauri is going to be the new ultimate cheap dive computer? I have been looking for one to buy for my girlfriend. Will it be a good backup when she ultimately gets a Teric?
Only time will tell how the presets work out. If I had one, I would dive it next to my Teric, to find out.

Add a fifty and there's still a few Geo 2s left over at spamazon.

So you think the Oceanic are better?

:shrug: define "better". Established product, no teething issues, DSAT is like GF98/98 so as a backup to a ZH-L computer it should never get "bent" while you aren't watching. User-replaceable battery is a big plus in my book. Compatibility with my dive log software is presumably not there for the genesis yet.

Ok so geo 2 uses “DSAT” algorithm which you are claiming is always more conservative than any “ZH-L” (Shearwater / Centauri) based computer???

"Some people’s wet dreams are about to come true!"

Tickets for Oprah's SCUBA themed Christmas giveaway?!!!!!

You just made my pants tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom