Some people’s wet dreams are about to come true!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I have seen and know of Chris is that he does the right things for the right reasons and although nobody is perfect, I admire him and what he tries to do. I hope this works out for him and those that purchase it. My best friend who just got certified has ordered one and it will back up the Perdix that I am letting him borrow for our upcoming dive trip. I hope the visibility is adequate. The layout and operation seems to be great for the price point.

Just based on the pictures the Oceanic Geo 2.0 seems to have a bigger and more readable screen and so I am still on the fence.

image.jpg

computers_geo20_blue_front1_2.jpg

I could be wrong (but I don’t believe I am) but the Genesis is NOT the same as the Deep 6 computer.

For me, rechargeable counts for a lot, Bluetooth is nice, it isn’t Huish...huge plus. AI would be a plus but for, even the $275 price I don’t mind it sitting around waiting to get loaned out rather than my other Teric, so long as one of its set points gives me good numbers I’ll be happy with it.

Just tried reading the manual for the Geo 2.0 and now I am leaning back to the Centauri because it seems MUCH easier to use.

There seems to be at least a business connection, wouldn't you think? Deep 6 has previously rebranded divecomputer.eu computers, not sure that turned out so well. They have more recently rebranded Divesoft computers, a more established and reputable company. I believe they rebrand other equipment.
We have no, zero, connection or relationship with Genesis.

So, this would download then to e.g. subsurface-mobile via Bluetooth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom