Some cave video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
Nice job guys… water looks very clear and inviting.

What’s that brick on your arm… it’s not a VR3 … :11:

For the uninitiated this is hard work that is made to look easy with evil training and lots of practice.

Thanks for the video…

Best Regards, Andrew

Why yes, that IS a VR3 brick on my arm

Crazyduck has a good point, the video is edited and made on purpose for looks of fun, relaxing etc, twin caves is a good example of going in just a few feet can get you in trouble very quickly, those who have been there know what I mean, the low entrance with tons of silt, a couple of wrong kicks and you could be 10 feet from the exit and never find it, cave diving is fun but if you want to play, please get training and dive safe.

SPEAKING of twin

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8033911206812702712

I tried to up my editing skills and rub some Moby on there for sound.

FIXXERV,

Thanks for sharing!! Much appreciated. Awesome video quality, by the way.

AXL72:
FIXXERV,

Thanks for sharing!! Much appreciated. Awesome video quality, by the way.

I assume you are refering to the compression and bit rate and not our great camera skills :)

I tried to keep the quality high, I hate seeing video all pixeled up

Very nice job Rick. Thanks for sharing. What are your comments on using Google video? Ease of use, etc. Are you uploading wmv files or do they convert to that format? Just curious. Your video is higher quality than most wmv I see posted, that is why I ask.

I really enjoy using Flickr for my photos, but havent decided yet where I want to host my video.

Willie

I got the google idea from loosebits as I was orginally hosting the vids off of my own server until the hub it was on died (hey I'm on MY budget here :) ) upload was very easy, as for the quality I just went into the video settings and tweaked them upward, mainly resolution, a lot of WMV I see is at 320 X 240 I bumped it up to 640 X 480 and up the bit rate, I don't remember the exact settings off hand but the highest settings I had on the twin video by far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom