solution for D-series poppet seat DIY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put in a request for a quote on those square 2-104's from allorings that @-JD- mentioned above. We'll see what they say. I asked about nitrile in Duro 70.

I also just put an RFQ in to Ace Seals on 55 and 70 Duro nitrile dished backup rings (Parker 800).
An 8-103 is
2.76mm ID (should grab the stem)
1.14mm Height (there's that issue about sitting deep in the cap noted by @-JD- above)
2.18mm width (equiv to oring CS)

That yields 7.12mm OD, just 0.38 mm wider than a 2-104. I think an extra 0.19mm on each side might still fit in the cap.

I had a few minutes so I put my old poppet with the used 104/70 seat back into my 420, the dribble was probably a combination of lube and my adjuster being jammed all of the way out and slipped while trying to tighten it. I lubed the small oring on the poppet with silicone (also used throughout the reg on this service) and just put it back in, readjusted the lever and it’s looking good, it in a leak down test and I will dive it on Saturday with my new to me Zeagle F7.

Dove the 420 with the old 104 seat and it performed perfectly, the thing may last forever.

Back
Top Bottom