• No

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading to Devil's Ear to solo cave dive right now. I'm only single staging, so run time should be about 115 minutes with deco.
Solo is more safe than diving with someone who is unsafe, but the margin of error is too small to be sliced with a knife.
I recommend against it unless you have thousands of hours underwater.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
...I haven't been certified to solo dive.

BTW after our second dive today I saw Bravediver getting his brand new shiney gear ready to go... solo... I refrained from saying anything... do I get a point for that???

"Uncle Pug" and "refrained from saying anything"

Now there are two phrases I didnt think I would ever see in the same paragraph.
:D :D

I made my OWD 2 years ago together with my son (by that time was 15) as buddy and from our first dive without a trainer I used to feel responsible for the both of us. Last weekend he had ear problems within the first 15 minutes so I brought him back to the shore and continued alone. So this was my first solo dive and I actually felt more relaxed than ever before and enjoyed the dive more than any other before. I guess I will go solo again...

PS: It was a shallow dive and I was very familiar with the area and I had proper backup equipment.

Bomber once bubbled...
Some of you guys will probably kill me for this, but I dive solo almost every day. There are a lot of personal restrictions and conditions I put on it though. If there is even a slight current running, I always dive in front of the boat. I might not anchor the boat and just hang on the anchor line and drift the patch reefs inshore too. If I do anchor, I never get outside of the area where I can see the anchor rope unless it's one of those "blue bird days".

Bomber

Kill you? Nah, not if I can have the apartment for 3 months next year.!!!!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom