Solo diving in Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danar

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
Could someone let me know if it's possible to rent some tank and go diving by ourself in Tulum?
Thanks.

Hi Danar,

Welcome to SB. This is a very good board for great diving information and help. Look around and enjoy.

I have been diving in Mexico for years now around PdC, Tulum and Cozumel. At Tulum, I do not know of any shops that will let you rent a tank and go out alone. Most of the sites require a short boat trip to get to the reef. Although, you could make it from a shore dive with a long surface swim. You can however, request a personal guide and dive alone with him/her.

You may want to contact a few dive shops in tha area and see what they say. I have not been there in 2 yrs, so things may have changed. Whatever you decide, enjoy the wonderful Mexican waters and dive safe.

Try: www.tankha.com
www.aktundive.com
www.adventuredives.com

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
14.gif

Hi and thank you for info.
Your idea to request a personal guide could be a perfect alternative to what I was looking for. :wink:
We where actually planning to stay at Tierras del Sol. They told us the coral reef is about 150m distance so it shouldn’t be a problem. :06: Children can enjoy some snorkeling meantime.
Thanks again and I’ll sure take the best from the Mexican waters and “the ride”. :dazzler1:
Dana

Dana

My wife and I were in Tulum at the end of October. I did a couple of dives in Tankah Bay with the DM at Casa Cenote. It was just he and I and he charged me $35 for a 2 tank dive. I think his name was David. There is a cenote right there at Casa Cenote as well.
We stayed at the Blue Sky hotel next door. The reefs in Tankah were beautiful and I didn't see another dive boat anywhere around. I saw several rays and turtles. Have fun.

Sooner1 do you have any contact address of David, an email for ex? This is exactly what I’m looking for. :10:

Hey FrankT –thanks for link it is very interesting and useful, indeed.
BTW – I fixed “the problem”. Very nice of you to bring my attention to it. :07:
Enjoy!

Dana,

I do not have a direct email for him. The hotel where he is based could probably get you in touch with him. info@casacenote.com They are very nice there. You might also want to look at casacenote.com. Sorry...I can't be of more help but it's a pretty secluded place. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom