Solenoid user inspection and maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carbon steel in an 02 valve???
From what I understand there better not be.
You can get magnetic SS.

Can anyone explain what an electronic solenoid is? VS a normal electric solenoid? Or is it all high tech wording.?
I don't have a choptima and the solenoid isnt user servicable anyway, but the "industry standard" Jaska used in Megs, Revos and others is carbon steel. Kinda like every steel cylinder in production.

From what I understand there is no electronics in these solenoids — just magnetic actuation based on electrical input.

Are they user replaceable?
They are user servicable (its really just a couple of orings) but not typically user replaced since you have to integrate with the wiring harness which typically fails/corrodes at about the same rate. So I'd guess the vast majority of divers send those units back to get factory rewired at about the same time their solenoids give up.

Hi
Like a lot of stuff in diving, I suppose these solenoids are not specific diving parts. Just try to hunt for the original manufacturer.
Mccr is not bad either :)

I don't have a choptima and the solenoid isnt user servicable anyway, but the "industry standard" Jaska used in Megs, Revos and others is carbon steel. Kinda like every steel cylinder in production.

👍 I understand tanks and stuff. But from what I know of oxygen clean and materials. Brass and ss is some of the best materials. And any material can self ignite, in the right circumstances especially in fast acting valves.... I think that's in oxygen hacker book.

The plunger could not be in the direct O2 sealing path.
But seems like connecting and disconnecting O2 underwater. There's a good chance that salt will get in.
But as the saying goes.
What works, works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom