Titan CCR solenoid replacement/ substitute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprockjohnson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy bought a used Titan CCR about 6 months ago and the solenoid appears to have failed completely. He's not mechanically minded so I am attempting to assist him in getting the unit back to working condition, which it had been in until the solenoid stopped functioning and the Predator computer displayed a "Solenoid" warning yesterday. I initially thought the problem was with the solenoid power supply, which is an external canister with a wet connection, but it is outputting just over 16v. The input wires for the solenoid are outputting 6v like they should when I force the computer to perform a cell calibration but due to the lack of load the computer senses it gives the solenoid warning. The solenoid doesn't click when I connect 6v directly to its two contacts.

That is what I have done thus far and my question is this-

There doesn't seem to be a direct replacement for the Clippard solenoid which is labeled CS-3522 and is a two way normally closed solenoid. Anyone have any idea where I could find one? If not, I saw that Narcedat90 sells a different style Clippard solenoid and I figured it could be plumbed into the head by tapping the metal bulkhead where the original o2 input for the solenoid is and then using HP tubing (like the rEvo 2 uses) to connect to the solenoid.

Anyone have a better solution besides telling him to sell it and find something that actually has parts availability?

Back
Top Bottom