Sogod & Dauin- Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Happy New Year.
I am heading back to the Philippines early Feb.
I will be heading to Sogod for a bit of whale shark action then onto Dauin.
Intend to spend 9 dive days in Sogod (plan to do W Shark & Padi rescue course)
then 5 dive days in Dauin.

Should i spend more time in Sogod or Dauin? I could do my course in either place.
Would also appreciate any feedback on transportation between the two. Do i need to over night in Cebu or can i fly between Sogod & Dauin.

Thanks in advance.

some ppd'ers are heading to sogod. you might want to join them :D

here's the link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-o-rama/213236-dor-feb-2008-sogud-cabilao.html

Friday 22nd: Manila - Tacloban flight. Land transfer to Sogod. Sogud PM diving
Saturday 23rd: Sogud General Diving (4 dives)
Sunday 24th: Sogud Whalesharks
Monday 25th: Sogud Whalesharks
Tuesday 26th: Sogud general diving. Land transfer to Hilongos. Take 10:30pm ferry from Hilongos to Cebu City. Arrive Cebu City 1:30am. Late check into hotel.
Wednesday 27th: Take 8am ferry from Cebu City to Tagbilaran, Bohol. Polaris transfer to Cabilao. Check in to Polaris. Cabilao diving.
Thursday 28th: Cabilao diving
Friday 29th: Cabilao diving
Saturday 1st: Cabilao diving. Check out Cabilao, check in Bohol.
Sunday 2nd: – Chip & Larry fly out of Tagbilaran 2pm.

i'd split the time equally between sogod and dauin and favor dauin if you're into macro. no need to fly or spend the night in sogod if you time your travel right. from sogod, take a ferry to cebu and another ferry to dumaguete/dauin. am not sure if there is a ferry from leyte (where sogod is) to dumaguete (where dauin is)

Sogod to Dumaguete in one go is a looooong trip. Went from Dumaguete to Sogod once. Took midnight boat to cebu first then caught a morning fastferry to Hilongos (2-3 hrs from Sogod) then rest of the way by van. If you miss the morning or afternoon ferries from Cebu to Dumaguete you can catch the night boat (ETA in Dumaguete 3am and 5am). Or you can take the bus to Dumaguete. Last bus trip leaves @ 3pm. If you're staying with Atlantis in Dauin, they can arrange your transfer from Cebu up to the resort. PM me if you want more details.

-marku

Back
Top Bottom