Sogod Bay/ Whalesharks Trip Report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
in situations like this i'd think it's really a hit and miss thing, good thing you were even able to snap shots at all.

i probably wouldn't have at the jaw-dropping sight of a whale shark :rofl3:

Its awesome. I also happened to be almost at the path of the whaleshark. The scene is now like a very clear video playing over and over in my brain (including Pak with his camera almost getting hit by the tail). :)

pakman:
or my favorite other bonehead shot... I had zoomed in my lens to 20mm for a previous shot and in all the excitement forgot to zoom out to 10mm for this one! Cut off the tail, dorsol, etc... @#R#@%@!!

IMG_4961.jpg
Gives you an excuse to go back again :D

Matthew:
Its awesome. I also happened to be almost at the path of the whaleshark. The scene is now like a very clear video playing over and over in my brain (including Pak with his camera almost getting hit by the tail). :)

Matthew, I think that's you in this pic... looks like your fins... I think I turned around just after this shot and missed getting swatted by its tail...!
IMG_4963.jpg

Matthew:

:( i was supposed to be with you guys

pakman:
Matthew, I think that's you in this pic... looks like your fins... I think I turned around just after shot and missed getting swatted by its tail...!
IMG_4963.jpg

Nope, i was on the same side as you and a bit deeper, and i have old, old mares fins with plain straps, and a plain spg which is clipped.:eyebrow:

But youre right, that pic was at about the same moment I was describing.:D

clgsamson:
I'm so jealous....trip rep is great, more please.

It's a new year... about the time you started planning that Dec trip... :wink: I'm in for another trip! but this time a smaller group might be better...

clgsamson:
ok then....pm me you're preferred dates:).
dates? look in the Girls section of FHM PI and choose any one of them...

oh, and one for me too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom