Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Southern Leyte & Whalesharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauldub:
Welcome, triplej! It's great to hear that you had a good time at SBSR, too. I guess we can expect a flood of divers heading to Sogod Bay now. Well, it'll be good for the SBSR team. They deserve lots of business. But responsible divers only need apply! I don't want to return to fields of dead coral and a few measly parrotfish! ]

Err yar...diving there was so-so onlylah.
What whale sharks? I hardly saw a thing.
Lousy weather. Don't go there. :blinking:

TripleJ

Which sites did you dive? What did you see? We missed out on some stuff because of the currents though we still had great dives. And there were a few sites that are supposed to be really good, such as Limasawa which we didn't go to. Did you get to go there?

Wicked, don't get your slingshot panties in a bunch.

pauldub:
But responsible divers only need apply! I don't want to return to fields of dead coral and a few measly parrotfish!
oopps... time to tell pakman to stay away then...

Jag

Hey guys, since most of us feel that being off topic is more fun (except for wicked wet blanket), here's something I got off an email. Heh. UNfortunately, there isn't a category for being a Filipino, so can someone do the honours?? :eyebrow:

GOOD REASONS FOR BEING A HONGKIE

1. We're Hongkies and not Chinese.
2. We can talk and shout and nobody gives a damn.
3. Jackie Chan is our icon.
4. We can live in 5' x 5' cubicle and call it luxury apartment.
5. Our children can speak Cantonese at a young age.
6. We get to blame everything on Feng Shui or Tung Chee Hwa or the mainland communists.
7. No one can threaten Hong Kong , except the few expatriate from Cathay Airlines (Pilots) who are now on strike.
8. Gambling is more interesting than sex, that's why we're Hongkies.
9. We produce a lot of Ms.Hong Kong to the enjoyment of the rich and famous.

GOOD REASONS FOR BEING A SINGAPOREAN
1. We're not Chinese
2. Everyone (especially the Malaysians) hates us, except ourselves.
3. Famous for Orchard Road .
4. We have our own island.
5. Proud of our world class Airport, world class MRT, world class airline, world class telco......score "one" against Manchester United but kena 8 in return.
6. We know how to spell 'Salvatore Ferragamo'.
7. We know how to enjoy our vacation in M'sia - keep a few RM50 notes before you enter the highway: You can throw anything, anytime, anywhere and always wash our cars at the resort.
8. The men are always concerned, first question to ask a girl "Do you have CPF?"
9. Never fear of getting lost in our country - S$20 taxi ride will get you into the sea.
10. We'll never have to worry about finding Mr or Ms right because the Govt will find one for us.
11. 1 Sing dollar = 2.2 ringgit..... nyeh-nyeh- nyeh...
12. It's OK to be Kiasu. It's part of our culture.

GOOD REASONS FOR BEING AN INDONESIAN
1. We are not Australian.
2. We live in the biggest country in South East Asia .
3.. No pirates in Indonesia water if you exclude the Navy and Coast guards.
4. Everything is cheap, even our salaries....
5. We can blame everything to Suharto or BJ Habibie or Gus Dur or Megawati or....
6. Only in Indonesia you can get involved in real demonstrations daily for different causes and see no results.
7. Our Rupiah is like a Yo Yo, it can go up and down just because the IMF says so...
8. We burn everything and nobody gives a damn
9. We don't need fire-fighters as our neighbours will provide...

GOOD REASONS BEING A MALAYSIAN
1. World tallest Building, Best F1 circuit, biggest pewter mug, highest standard of university admission... because 'Malaysia Boleh'!
2. We can be driving, picking our nose, cursing another driver, talking on the handphone, adjusting radio and bribing the cop at the same time.
3. Divorce by sending SMS.
4. Traffic summoned can be settled on the spot with the cop.
5. Teh Tarek & Roti Canai is the favourite supper.
6. We can save a lot of electricity because our TV shows are so crappy.
7. We can blame everything on the haze or George Soros or government or opposition parties or.....
8. Resourceful City Council, one person to drive the van, one to carry the ladder, one to change a street's bulb and three others watching.... ...
9. We make 2 lane trunk roads into 3 lane highway and back to 2 lane when cops are sighted
10. There's always something for the JKR to do. They dig, resurface the road, dig and resurface... .....
11. All main roads are designated highway coz it gives Samy Veloo a reason to collect toll.
12. Our Govt. can never be wrong.

Scuba_Chick, you can scratch item 1 on the Malaysian list. Our tallest building status was never recognised in the States (and you know how Americans are always right). Besides, Taiwan has handily spanked all competitors with Taipei 101. Choi, choi!

pakman:
why? I plan on using my reef hook on a whale shark to keep up with them... :shocked:

:joke:

Uh, you best be joking, pakman. Everyone knows that reef hooks are ONLY for hooking onto corals.

(See? We're still on track with dive talk.)

pauldub:
Scuba_Chick, you can scratch item 1 on the Malaysian list. Our tallest building status was never recognised in the States (and you know how Americans are always right). Besides, Taiwan has handily spanked all competitors with Taipei 101. Choi, choi!

Uh, you best be joking, pakman. Everyone knows that reef hooks are ONLY for hooking onto corals.

(See? We're still on track with dive talk.)

Uh huh...tallest building? But it's what Malaysians BELIEVE, you know, Malaysia Boleh! :rofl3:

Diving. On track again.

scuba chick:
Whale shark, schmale shark...so yesterday's news...

(nice pic, wolverine :-b Care to share the details?)
Sogod Bay, end Dec 06.. murky and rainy. And whaleshark hunting..:)

And the whale is Larry. :)

So when are you guys from the Malaysian peninsula coming over to PG?

PS For Pakman, was in NY last week and am in Beijing now.. I hate my life.. can't wait to get back home in February. Still have no internet at home at the moment but should be up next week. Missing SB and my camera...

Well hang in there, only few more weeks til Palau...

Ouch, Beijing's gotta be freezing now... :D

pakman:
Well hang in there, only few more weeks til Palau...

Ouch, Beijing's gotta be freezing now... :D

What?!? You guys are headed to Palau? Already?!? Jealous!!! I myself am working furiously to try and save for the next trip.

Wolverine, you were probably there right before we arrived in SB. We heard of a group that got stranded there due to the weather. Was that you?

I'll be ready for PG whenever my KL/SG-based buddies say the word. Wicked recommends PG so it's high on the list (although right this second I'm still dreaming of SB). Actually, the thought of diving in chilly water's not so attractive...

And speaking of chilly:

Attachments

• fuh-reezing.jpg
    fuh-reezing.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 48

Back
Top Bottom