Software update Galileo 1.6 for TRIMIX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talking about reinventing the wheel. Who cares anyway. If you need trimix, buy a Shearwater...

Right, for me I don't care if Scubapro releases a Trimix upgrade for the Luna and Sol; I want an OLED screen Luna for recreational scuba.

I believe you can guess which computer I have from my avatar.

After years of waiting for trimix update galileo now serves as a gauge for my free diving training. Yeah Sol is not quite freediver's dream but at this point i dont need anything better than that, especially after uwatec released apnea mode, which together with HR monitor gives me some idea about my progress. After updating my tv to 1.6 and smartrak to 2.0703 i noticed some changes in logbook: right clicking dive from the list in "Table Colums" options i noticed positions that i havent seen before: "He fraction" and "He Fraction 1,2,3 and 4. Looks like i was blind so far or like Uwatec finally pushed trimix project ahead and im pretty sure its coming any day now. Probably too late to make ppl buy Sol when there are so many LED Display Trimix computers on the market, but for those who already own Gaileos that should be a really nice news. Galileo may not be the best computer in world, but it will be the most versatile one. Great as a backup for tec dives and rec or free divning computer at the same time.

Scubapro have missed the boat, after stringing people along saying the upgrade is coming out soon..... like most other people, My Sol will end up a timer Second place to my Shearwater Predator.

I'm having problems upgrading firmware from V1.5 to V1.6 using SmartTrak 2.07. My UWATEC IRDA dongle works fine to alter/save settings on my Sol, but the Galileo Setup application stops responding soon after I hit the continue button to start the update. The Sol never shows progress bars. I've tried this from WinXP, Vista, Win7(32) and Win7(64) PCs with the same failure, using fast and slow IRDA. Any clues appreciated!

[edit] BTW, I see info on the ScubaPro home page about a beta application for the Trimix firmware. I don't recall seeing that before. Seems you have to supply proof of trimix c-card to get it. Odd - in the US one is usually able to buy anything that may or may not kill you if untrained or used improperly. Maybe that's just the New Hampshire in me talking. The NH state motto is "Live Free or Die", for those wondering. Still no mandatory seat-belt law, etc.

Last edited:
I could not upgrade either. Actually the file I got from ScubaPro kept showing version 1.5. I requested they send it again and got the same file, and the version shows 1.5 after installation.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom