• At least once a week, spring to fall

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • At least once a month, spring to fall

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I never dive in SoCal, the water's way too cold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez, if I didn't go diving several times a week, I might have to wash the dishes or take out the garbage or clean the floors or... shudder... work!

Dr. Bill

Are you wearing that thrashed shortie year-round, or is there a time when you finally reach maximum acceptable thermal limits and dress in a full exposure suit like the rest of us humans???

I'm not accusing you of needing a hood (for goodness sake) but maybe long pants once in awhile?!?

K

:nono:

Some are convinced that he's really a :letsparty:

OK... back to the poll

:crawl:

Batty at times perhaps.

Of course I'm still diving with my 7mm half shorty... it's been good down to 50 degrees and it's easy to slip on. Besides, since M&B chopped the legs off it, I don't have a full wetsuit anymore (starving scientist that I am). On top of that it was only 59 degrees at 80 ft today... that's warm in my book.

Conditions deteriorating in the Park past two days. Hope they rebound soon.

Dr. Bill

Thinking that I usually didn't dive SoCal mid-Dec through February because I was too cold in a 6mm suit PL:US a 5/3 hooded vest. So I go out and buy (at Keyman thank God) a 9-7-6 semi-dry so I can dive year round and I get constantly reminded that Dr. Bill dives in a shorty!

HOW IN THE HECK DOES HE DO IT??????

Otter- I have no peripheral nervous system. Before I started videotaping a few years ago, I'd dive my 3mm shorty into December. Now I have to keep my arms steady to get decent footage so I wear the 7mm half shorty.

It's toast out there. When Walter and Sapphire came out to dive, bottom temp was 51 degrees. Now it's eight degrees warmer.

Where are all the other SoCal divers to weigh in on this poll?

Dr. Bill

I've met the doc - he has some nerve....

K

I just dive my 7mm year round. In the summer my head sweats like a waterfall untill I get in the water adn I'm wet when I get out, so I get the swamp cooler effect. In the winter it is just fine too.
Water was 62 degrees at 40 feet atTreasure Island last Sunday, should be about the same, maybe a little cooler due to the Santa Ana's that hit today.
We'll see

Well, last summer notwithstanding......;-0

I dive year round, only thinkg that stops me is the surf and the runoff from rains.

7 mil off the beach, started diving dry off boats this year. The thing that most people that don't live here don't understand is that conditions are better when it's colder. Just gotta dodge the storms.

My first beach dive at Deadman's in Laguna was November 2001 (i think) and had 40+ foot of viz

Chris

Back
Top Bottom