SoCal diver looking to dive 16-17 Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,
You devil you!!! I have missed you!!! When are we diving again? Colleen and I found one of your Clingfish at Cove 2 the other night and it was only cuz you showed them to me...too cool...
Lets go diving...if you are diving late afternoon on Thurs, I can maybe join you.
Kirsten

scubak:
Bob,
You devil you!!! I have missed you!!! When are we diving again? Colleen and I found one of your Clingfish at Cove 2 the other night and it was only cuz you showed them to me...too cool...
Lets go diving...if you are diving late afternoon on Thurs, I can maybe join you.
Kirsten

Pasley and I go diving at Cove 2 on Thursday evening 16th. Sure, come with us. What time you can come?

I may go diving tomorrow Sat. 11th ( I wait and heard from my buddy).

Thanks to an e-mail from WADiverBob, I've finally noticed this thread.

Melvin, I just sent you an e-mail ... let's see how much of the gear you need I can loan you to save you a few $$ ... I've got a small dive shop in my garage for just that reason.

Also, I think I'll be able to join y'all Thursday evening ... my student recently requested a change of schedule, so I have Thursday night free ... I can be at Cove 2 by 4:30 ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am looking forward to diving Thursday night. Not sure what time I will be there as I have to rent a car in Portland and drive up, get my gear get to the dive site. But it will be fun. I am thinking it will be 5-6pm by the time I am on site and prepared to dive. WADiverBob will have all the details.

I am looknig forward to diving with the WA gang.

Well, the trip to Seattle is now in the history books. Thanks to delays by Alaska Airlines, we arrived in Portland 1 hour late Thursday. So instead of headin out at 1:00 p.m. we left Portland Airport at 2:00 p.m. and of course arrived in Seattle at rush hour. Finaly made it to the hotel where a very patient WADiverBob was still waiting for us. He took me over to the dive shop where I picked up my gear, sorted out some equiment issues (yes size 6 could look like a size nine if you are not looking too close at the bar under the six), but nothing that could not be overcome. From then we picked up dinner for my wife, went back to the hotel and left her dinner off. Then off to Seattle 20 miles to the South and Seacrest Cove #2. We arrived about 8:00 p.m. just as the other divers were leaving. Met NWGreatfulDiver, seems like a great guy and sorry I could dive with him. We then executed the dive in the biting wind and cold. Saw my GPO which was the whole purpose of the trip and many other things, with a 54 minute dive. Thrilled to death, I returned to the hotel. WADiverBob picked me up at 06:30 a.m. for our morning Dive Friday and off to Edmonds Underwater Park for another dive. We both wore our undergarments to the site. Arrived and had the place to ourselves. Several walkers out for their morining exercise could not belive we were suiting up to go diving in that weather. The water we pored out to rinse our mask before the dive froze on the pavement. Into the water about an hour of great diving in an excellent site with a terrific partner. Back on dry land I spotted Ice on WADiverBob's dry suit before he could get out of it. But a great day and great diving, then back we went to turn in my gear before he left me at the hotel and I headed back to Portland for my weekend of work before heading back to Los Angeles. I really enjoyed the trip and will come again. I can not say enough about WADiverBob. Great dive buddy both in and out of the water who went out of his way to make my trip special and possible. Thank you Bob.

Bob is a great guy (so is the other Bob) and a great one for spotting critters U/W (again, so is the other Bob.)

Sorry I could get down there to meet you Melvin but I'm glad that you had a couple of good dives here in the PNW.

Perhaps next time Uncle Pug.

Good time dive with Pasley. No problem for a late and a dive shop mistake a rental gears. Pasley viewed a beautiful Seattle in night. We were brave for very air cold and wind at Edmonds Underwater Park in early morning Thursday. Fun with Lingcod and Cabezon fight with us. After dive, I put cool fresh water (clean) on my head and drysuit. Little frozen quick on my drysuit ( I forgot about very cold air).

Pasley's wife enjoyed at hotel (warm and comfortable). Pasley had a great time dive. I thanked Pasley for dive in San Diego, CA. last year. He is good knowledge about Southern Calif. dive sites.

Date: 16 Feb 2006
Dive Location: West Seattle WA, Alki Beach, Seacrest Cove #2
Buddy(ies): WADiverBob
Time: 8:04 p.m.
Bottom Time: 52:30
Max Depth: 87
Vis: 15 -20 feet
Wave height: Ankle Slappers in Puget Sound
Temp at depth: 46F Sunnto Degrees
Surface Temp: 46F Sunnto Degrees (Weather station put it at 41F with 26 knt North wind) It was COLD with the lowest recorded temps in 10 years.
Tide information:
Gas mix:
Comments:

Met with Bob Lew to dive West Seattle Alki Seacrest Cove Number 2. http://www.pnwscuba.com/sitemaps/cove2.gif The dive plan was to go to 100 feet for 1 hour with a slow decent and accent up from that depth checking out the structures along the way. Objective was the Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO) and maybe even a 6 gill shark. Found the Honey Bear boat wreck and also under some overturned metal bins, GPO with suckers larger than a quarter. Estimated size at 5 feet. This was a beautiful dive with huge anemone. Just Great and one of the best dives in years. I saw many familiar species, but the size, huge.

Date: 17 Feb 2006
Dive Location: Edmunds, WA, Edmunds Underwater Park
Buddy(ies): WADiverBob
Time: 7:45 a.m.
Bottom Time: 54:40
Max Depth: 37
Vis: 15 -20 feet
Wave height: Ankle Slappers in Puget Sound
Temp at depth: 46F Sunnto Degrees
Surface Temp: 45F Sunnto Degrees (Weather station put it at 25F with wind chill bringing the temperature down to zero (o) 26 knt North wind) It was with Ice on the drysuit before we could get them off.
Comment:
It was bitter cold when we arrived at the Edmunds Underwater Park. Air Temp was in the 20’s with wind chill bringing the temperature down to zero. Having worn my Dry suit undergarment to the site, we quickly suited up. Bob took me and showed me the map of the park. Ropes and chains laid on the ocean floor to form a grid pattern. Simple enough to navigate. The objective of today’s dive, fun. That we had in spades. We went to the Triumph (a former tug boat), Cupid, Mesmerized and Genius wrecks, Cathedral, boat yard and Enhancement (big industrial sized tires). Spotted ling cod (3-4 feet), Cabazon (also large -2 feet or so), stripped perch, sea lemon and Hooded Nudibranch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom