SoCal diver looking to dive 16-17 Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two HP100 and two AL80 tanks.You can use my tanks.Do you want one or two dives on 17th Fri? I need to know for refill air at dive shop if two dives.

Hello Pasley,

There are several dive shops in the Portland area and they only diving they do there is Columbia River and some coast diving. My friend used to own a shop in Portland and I just moved down from Bremerton. So I am quite familiar with the Puget Sound and Hood Canal diving. A lot of Oregonians dive the hood canal a place called octopus hole and it is great for night diving since easy entry and just shoot down to a 45ft wall. Sound dive shop in Bremerton rents DUI's and should be able to help you in that department. They are also stuck between Hood Canal and Seattle. So good luck and let me know how you like it.

Wadvr

Well this is shaping up nicely. Time to start thinking serouosly about it. One tank or two? Well I know what I want to do, but I need to see what the wife will tolerate. I wlll check back after the weekend and start serious plannig.

For one last option you might contact Wayne Fowler of Capital Divers in Olympia. I have spoke with him before about diving in the South Sound and just saw a review of the shop on SB.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123130&page=4 (post #36)

He may know of some good diving in the South Sound area and save you an hour (or more) each way on you trip. Just an extra thought.

Ok, lets see where we are.
1. Dry Suit Certification. Check, did that last month. Nice and dry and warm. Might have to work on the wife to get me one. Now if we give up eating and driving for a year we might just swing it.
2. Rescue Class finished. Just waiting onthe card in the mail.
3. Need to make hotel reservations.
4. Planning on trying to get a night dive on Thursday night and maybe a morining dive Friday. The rest of the day I need to devote to my wife and to getting back to Portland by 6:00 p.m. to pick up my teaching partner at the airport.

Now that the first of the year is out of the way I can finally look at planning this trip.

I have dove as deep as 110 feet before, but prefer to stay in the 80 or less range. I do most of my dives in the 60 feet or less. Not opposed to going below 60 feet if there is a reason to do so. I dive a very conservative profile and my SUUNTO Cobra is set to P2 so at 110 feet I am allowed 9 minutes of bottom time.

I am looking to dive Thursday night and possibly Friday morning.

Good, May we go at Cove 2 on 16th if you like. If we dive at 100', allow less 9 min. for you ok? Have you find a hotel yet? Talk about time for meet at Cove 2 soon.

Not found hotel yet. Any recomedations. If you give me you phone number I could call, I do have a TDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom