So, who's got bal^H^H^H guts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the metaphor! I think you should shoot for Lobos. Looks like January is still wide open for reservations (Point Lobos State Reserve - Dive Calendar), and it's got the benefits of:

1. Simply being a world class dive site - I never get tired of middle reef (just Sunday we happened across a section we've never seen before).

2. Protected cove - nobody likes dealing with big swells or surge when trying to get the hang of a drysuit. IME Lobos tends to be calmer and with better viz than most parts of Monterey, letting you focus on one thing at a time. Also, inside the cove you have a very breakwater-like sandy shallow area for drills and practice.

3. Parking and tables right next to the ramp - it's literally 10 steps from car to water, which is great if you need to get out and adjust stuff, something that you'll likely do a bit when getting used to a significant piece of new equipment.

If you get the reservation, I bet your instructor will appreciate being able to teach the cert class there!

Hey Ken,

How about I make the reservation for you and I on January 19th that's a Saturday. I will be drysuit certified before that, my instructor recommended we do a boat dive together.

If you are cool for that can you PM your last name and cert number so I can make us the certification.

Thanks,

Mike G

Mike, if you want lets do a couple dives this Friday. If we can start in the morning thats best for me. Give me a call and we can plan something.

Hey Ken,

How about I make the reservation for you and I on January 19th that's a Saturday. I will be drysuit certified before that, my instructor recommended we do a boat dive together.

If you are cool for that can you PM your last name and cert number so I can make us the certification.

Thanks,

Mike G

Hey Mike. I'm booked up on weekends during the second half of Jan for class, but I'd love to do a dive anytime after that.

Btw, you don't need to enter your buddy's contact info/cert number on the Lobos reservation form. All you need is the info of the person making the reservation. You show up at the gate with your buddy and they'll take down his/her cert card info right there :)

Mike, if you want lets do a couple dives this Friday. If we can start in the morning thats best for me. Give me a call and we can plan something.

Brandon,

I'm shaking off a damn cold that my brother gave me this weekend. I feel the soar throat everytime I swallow. I doubt I will be good by then.

If I do feel better by Thurs, I'll let you know.

MG

Hubby dove breakwater both sat and sun...sat was the highest tide of the year ..plus 6..swells werent bad..2-3'....vis was about 8-10' with a mod surge....sundays conditions were better..

Back
Top Bottom