So who did it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaOtter wrote...
I thought this was a ScubaBoard. A place to exchange knowledge about Diving. This threads worn out it's welcome.
Well....this is the Non-Diving Forum.

SeaOtter once bubbled...
I thought this was a ScubaBoard. A place to exchange knowledge about Diving. This threads worn out it's welcome.

Cindy

With a grand total of 28 posts I'd say you might not be the one to make that statement.

while i agree that the moderators word is final, and some of the threads have escalated and got nasty, and it is a private board and as such we have no rights.

I do find it hard to understand how/why threads relating to the war are pulled, this is something that is affecting us all however much we agree or disagree with the current stance.

and naturally with such an event people are going to talk, are we going to ban the news next?

clive francis once bubbled...
I do find it hard to understand how/why threads relating to the war are pulled, this is something that is affecting us all however much we agree or disagree with the current stance.

That one sure froze things!

clive francis once bubbled...

Because no matter how innocent a thread is, it ends up degrading into a pro vs. anti war battle which then ends up degrading even further.

Every single one.

We tried to let a couple stick around a couple weeks ago. That was a disaster.

Every moderator here is here because of a love for diving. We didn't sign up to referee political threads. We signed up to help because we found a home that was free of the BS you find on rec.scuba and other lists; and we wanted to give back to the community that we hold so dear.

Since every political thread has eventually eroded to a no-win situation for us; We can let them be and we get dinged for letting the fighting go on. We can pull them and we get accused of censorship. We can try and take the time to keep things civil, and we end up getting stabbed in the back for our efforts. There isn't any way to allow the threads and keep them civil without sacrificing our own sanity.

So as a result... the only option left is to not allow them.

NetDoc once bubbled...
learning to be a moderator is tough enough

Just out of curiosity.....what's so hard about a being a Mod? I do it on a few other forums....it's not really rocket science. I'm just curious what someone elses's opinion on the matter is.

....boy WreckWriter....you just can't sit there and not say a word about anything can you. Must be hard not having anything else to do. (Strep throat has left me to ammuse myself here today.)

Oh....and by the way...this is my 29th post and last post on this particular thread since you are now my official "post keeper".

Cindy

Spectre once bubbled...

Nice! Scubaboard road trip over to aliraqi.com!!!! Maybe we can find out if the sea lions search for bubbles, or if they'll be able to catch us on our Inspirations...

Think we can have fun debating the benefits of solo diving @ discussanything.com?

Oh man, count me in...that would be totally hilarious...we SHOULD all pick out one of these boards and completely hijack it, now that's a well thought out game plan. (I wonder how quick until we'd all get moderated to leave on aliraqui.com).

So, someone please PM me or post the details when we put the plan into action...this really is too good to pass up.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom