So what is a good dry suit for a beginner ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello guys !

Many thanks all of you for your replies and your help !
I will consider everything you to told me to choose the right suit !
Once I find/buy one that fits my needs I will post here, just to let you know :D.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help !!!

Socc

Hello both !

Many thanks for your replies.
I am indeed between the Scubapro Everdry 4 and the Whites Fusion One but it is really difficult to find a used one. I might prefer the fusion because the use of dry gloves might be important for diving in UK and also it might be better if it does not have to fitt 100% perfectly as TSandM suggested.
Any of you have any suggestions where I can find used ones except from ebay.

Thanks,

Socc

Try Mike at Dive Right in Scuba, DRIS, he often has second hand dry suits at good prices.

Try Mike at Dive Right in Scuba, DRIS, he often has second hand dry suits at good prices.

Hello buddhasmummer,

Is the Mike website the following: Scuba Diving equipment from Mike's Dive Store, Chiswick, London ? Or Mike is something else ? Sorry I got confused..
And the other one: Dive Right In Scuba | Plainfield scuba diving lessons and scuba equipment. We also provide scuba certification for the Chicago area. ?

Can you please provide me with links. This will really help.

Thanks,

Socc

The White's Fusion is the easiest dry suit to dive. It's fairly robust and there are a number of peeps here on ScubaBoard who love it and a few who hate it. Try on your drysuit before you buy it.

Hello buddhasmummer,

Is the Mike website the following: Scuba Diving equipment from Mike's Dive Store, Chiswick, London ? Or Mike is something else ? Sorry I got confused..
And the other one: Dive Right In Scuba | Plainfield scuba diving lessons and scuba equipment. We also provide scuba certification for the Chicago area. ?

Can you please provide me with links. This will really help.

Thanks,

Socc

The second one. DRIS have a presence here on SB.

Dive Right In Scuba | Plainfield scuba diving lessons and scuba equipment. We also provide scuba certification for the Chicago area.

---------- Post added February 12th, 2014 at 09:01 AM ----------

The owner/boss (?) is Mike have a chat he may well be able to help you out he's a stand up guy.

What size suit do you need? I have a suit that was returned, never been wet, that was a little small for the customer that purchased it. Because it was a return I can sell it at a discount. It's a great suit for both beginners and more advanced divers. Personally, I like high density neoprene suits. They are very easy to dive. They swim like wet suits and the bubble is much easier to manager.

What size suit do you need? I have a suit that was returned, never been wet, that was a little small for the customer that purchased it. Because it was a return I can sell it at a discount. It's a great suit for both beginners and more advanced divers. Personally, I like high density neoprene suits. They are very easy to dive. They swim like wet suits and the bubble is much easier to manager.

I am about 1.75m and 85 kilos if that helps !
Which suit you have available ?
Also, please note that I live in UK.

Thanks,

Socc

I have a SEAC Dry Plus size L, which I believe would work for you. I see the London location. I would ask that you pay half the shipping but otherwise that's not an issue. SEAC is a European company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom