So what did you do this week-end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't manage to dive, but went online to order a new 15L cylinder.

I spent most of Saturday in the car driving between the local LDS (in Luxembourg) and the nearest in France, about an hour away. The Luxembourg LDS will fill (and can VIP / Hydro) a French cylinder, but the French won't fill (nor inspect) a Luxembourg cylinder. Neither will the Luxembourg LDS sell a French cylinder. All because the French insist that cylinders meet the EN specification AND the NF specification.

Anyway, I didn't find the cylinder I wanted so I ended up going online to get a great deal. It should be delivered later this week and I hope to try it out in the next week or two.

Jon

Actually, the French have the test date and expiry (and this can be a sticker on the tank) whilst Luxembourg follows the German system with the test expiry date stamped on the cylinder (and the German tanks have to be stamped DIN EN XXX rather than NF EN XXX).

Congrats Bob... You must be a very Grateful Diver! And nice shot!

I spent part of the weekend getting my boat put back together to kick things off next weekend. But, just watching the morning news, we are supposed to get 7"-10" of snow today!

PS: PM sent

This weekend was spent pulling concrete forms off of some slabs I poured Friday. Between a couple of North Carolina service calls, a wedding for my stepdaughter, and getting ready for the upcoming cottage season, I have NOT been under in four weeks plus!! My temperament and normal good nature are being strained by lack of breathing compressed gases. I think I'll go out and stick a reg in my mouth in the shop for a few so I don't shoot the cat due to my foul mood. God I hate the spring and all of it's chores!!:banghead:

p.s. Great shot Bob!!!

well, aside from spending too much reading time on SB......

I spent a little time with some of my equipment, preparing it for the season (did you notice the word snow in the forecast here - possibly up to 9" $%@&!!!!!). Rebuilt/converted a SP109 Adjustable to a 156 Balanced Adjustable, switched my MK-2 to a DIN for my pony set-up, and began to obsess over how to properly rig a back-plate as I take delivery of one some time today (Monday).......

Worked half a day saturday. Sent out some quotes in the afternoon. Sunday introduced 14 girl scouts ages 8-11 to snorkeling and skin diving, how the skills can be used for conservation, preservation, relaxation, and as a doorway to a career for a woman in different dive related fields. Also promoted to them the "We are water" program that Jill Heinerth is raising awareness for.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hung out in Puerto Rico between dive trips and drank a bunch of rum. Life is good.

Well, let's see. Friday I spent a couple hours in a pool helping someone who is in OW class to work on his mask clearing drills.

Saturday I took a new night diver, along with 3 other friends, out on a phenomenal night dive on the coast of Cuba. 75 minutes of pure joy. Took my new Intova Sport Pro and got some video and pics of some beautiful life, including a gorgeous octopus.

Sunday went to an island and spent a few hours doing a clean up of it collecting over 30 bags of trash. After that went out to accompany the OW student on his last checkout dive. Water was horrible and it started pouring.

I got to meet Muggsy and NWGratefuldiver.

- Hi, *look around and in low voice* I'm Slamfire.

Slamfire is a handle I made for shotgun forums back in the day when I was a very active shotgunner. Doesn't really go that well with scuba and I didn't want to attract too many strange looks from the bystanders. But Bob, instantly recognized me after I disclosed my handle. I got a water bottle. My kid got some stickers. And I did too.

I did get wet this weekend. Participated on the show's treasure hunt dive. It was an extremely loooong dive lasting slightly more than a minute. Because I knew it was going to be soo long, I came well prepared with an Aluminum 50 with 3200 psi on my back. I came out with slightly more than 3000 psi. The mission was to find a logoed golf ball to enter into sweepstakes. Mission was accomplished in that time. I found a ball for me and one for my buddy, and then I gave him the ascent signal.

I would have stayed down longer, but my regs were tuned too aggressively and and they were just a hair away from free flowing. I hadn't dove a single tank in a really long time and I decided that rather than take apart my tried and true and properly tuned regs for doubles and stages, I would just put something together from the first and 2nd stages that I have lying around without use. The problem was that I decided to do that the night before driving to Tacoma and apparently rushed thru the tunning because it was late and I was getting sleepy. Nonetheless, the mission was accomplished and I got back without losing my newbie insta buddy.

From that treasure hunt I ended up winning a night dive with mantas in Kona... So now I have to go to Kona...

I also got to meet lots of cool people at the show. Spent some time with cerich at the Edge/Hog booth. He had a really nice new balanced piston first stage, the BP2. The only problem is that he won't sell you anything directly...

- Can I buy this?
- No
- Can I buy that?
- No

The man has dealers and he respects that relationship. He did give me a couple of free slap straps for my masks though.

I also got a scula canisterless can light from Titan Dive Gear and pestered Randy Klein Gross with my endless questions about the light. I got to try the light in the one minute treasure hunt dive.

Good weekend overall.

I conducted an OW class in Utah, diving in an extinct geyser at 94°.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom