So, lake 288 closed? What happened.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did my Rescue Diver certification in Lake 288.

Glad Mammoth Lake is open back. It’s only 15 minute drive from home.

Did my Rescue Diver certification in Lake 288.

Glad Mammoth Lake is open back. It’s only 15 minute drive from home.
I hear though mammoth is going to a private Lake where you have to pay $260/yr per person or go with a scuba shop/group/class

I hear though mammoth is going to a private Lake where you have to pay $260/yr per person or go with a scuba shop/group/class
I think you can just pay $20 per day of scuba diving there, with or without scuba shop/group/class. MammothLakeTexas.com

I was there last June & September with some buddies from our dive club here in Lake Jackson, Brazosport Underwater Club. We are also planning to do a season opening in June if all these rains that we have been having won’t muck up the visibility. I’m afraid they will & we may just cancel our season opening there. :(

I think you can just pay $20 per day of scuba diving there, with or without scuba shop/group/class. MammothLakeTexas.com

I was there last June & September with some buddies from our dive club here in Lake Jackson, Brazosport Underwater Club. We are also planning to do a season opening in June if all these rains that we have been having won’t muck up the visibility. I’m afraid they will & we may just cancel our season opening there. :(

I was talking with folks at sport divers and they said they did hear its going private and you have to pay the $260/yr

I've done quite a few dives there myself and loved paying the $20/day.

If they haven't made it private I plan on diving the weekend of the june 5th for my bday there.

Info on the club? Being in Angleton would be nice to have a local group to always dive with also

Info on the club? Being in Angleton would be nice to have a local group to always dive with also
We don’t have website, just in Facebook: Brazosport Underwater Club - BUC

We do meet on 2nd Wednesday of every month in Sea Center at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. So our next meeting would be on June 9. You are very much welcome to join us. If you are interested in attending the meeting, please send me a PM and I can give you a more detail info about the club & direction to the conference room where we meet.

We usually discuss about diving related news, trip plans, club upcoming activities and any past trip presentation that anyone would like to share.

Our next group trip would be to Bahamas as posted here:
Tiger Shark Expedition with Dolphin Dream October 23-29, 2021
We still have 2 spots available.

For the past trip presentation, I plan to present our trip to Raja Ampat, Indonesia as I posted here:
Trip Report - Raja Ampat Jan 2020 Trip Report

Last month I presented our trip to Belize in February, as posted here:
Trip Report - Belize Feb 2021 Trip Report

Mammoth has since changed course and is not doing the private plan after all.

Check out CHUM Mr.337 if you’re looking for area dive buddies. We have folks at Mammoth pretty regularly and a dive buddy board where you can post looking for people to dive with - www.chumclub.org

Due to all the rains we have been having that might muddying the Mammoth Lake, we decided to cancel our dive club season opening there & just meet at Sea Center Texas on Wednesday instead.

If anyone was there last weekend, what were the visibility & water temperature?

Our BUC meeting is tonight at Sea Center Texas at 6:30pm. Casey Smith, son of the Larry Smith (2009 SCUBA Diving Hall of Fame recipient) plan to present his dad's induction to the SDHM short video as an introduction to our trip video, as shown, below.

You all are welcome to join us. If you decide to come in, the front door will be closed after visiting hours, so you will need to drive to the back of the building. The gate to the back of the visiting center is on the right side of the SCT complex. It is open or unlock only for this meeting. You can park on the back, next to the hatchery pond and nursery building / lab, then enter to the visiting center building from the back door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom