So, lake 288 closed? What happened.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just learned lake 288 in Houston is closed. What happened?

Looked at some recent pics, they laid a paved road nearby to the lake there where people parked. Now there is a fence. Was it a loss of parking space?

I also noticed some new development nearby in the direction of the beltway.

The lake was sold off to a developer. It's going to be a warehouse park. I'm guessing they're using the lake as a water feature and to reduce the % of impermeable surface area on the property.

For Houston it is generally Blue Lagoon, Lake Longhorn, and the newly-ish reopened Mammoth Lake.
Lots of folks do the drives over to Travis, and Canyon Lake.

It’s drained. I saw some pics last week.

Mammoth is the ****. Join the Houston Diving FB groups (there are 2). There are always groups diving there

It’s drained. I saw some pics last week.

Mammoth is the ****. Join the Houston Diving FB groups (there are 2). There are always groups diving there

Nah, nowadays I have a warm free ocean a few blocks away in Fort Lauderdale. Just reminiscing about Houston and catching up on the latest. Did spend like 16 years in Houston and out of that 16 did 6 in the puddle called lake 288.

So, it is a pity they killed off anything that lived in the lake. Many memories.

I wish I had not seen the video above. So sad, they effing nuked everything, plants, fish.

This is how I remember the lake:

Yeah....I never saw it like that. It was kind of a **** hole when I got my OW there

Back
Top Bottom