So I am not the only person roasting this moron....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been in Aerolito twice this week and there is no sign of silt angels all the way up to the Wonderland land jump in there which is the 5th set of double arrows. I have a buddy who is going there tomorrow and is going to check each jump in case we missed something. German Yañez also has not heard anything about this. It could have happened but I really don't see it playing out like he said. I am also guessing that the more famous these fighters are the more they get paid. Nothing like an embellished story to help out your social media notoriety.

The few minutes I listened to made me wonder what kind of training he had. The following statements below are basically quotes and there are issues with both of them
  • From the entrance to the main line you have to make a jump. So we make a jump, tie off, put these direction arrows down they are called cookies.
    • From open water to the main line it’s not a jump, a jump is from line to another
    • There are three types of markers in cave diving
      • Directional markers like arrows which point the way out
      • Non-directional markers, like cookies or clothespins, which are used in relation to other features (for example I put a cookie on the main line on my exit side of a jump line)
      • Personal directional markers, for example REMs, which have a directional component but should not be referenced as directional by anyone other than the owner of the marker
  • Cave diving it’s sort of an unwritten fact that you only worry about you, I’m coming home - I’m staying alive... something were to happen, I’m not going in there to get you
    • I don’t know one agency that teaches or condones this
I couldn’t listen to much more. I skipped around and every snippet I listened to had me SMH. For example, he explained that he added a bunch of air to his BC and crawled out along the ceiling as if that were a good idea. Again I do not know one agency that teaches or condones this.

At the end he said he had an hour of gas left,,, if he had that much gas left, he should have never gotten so panicky. I do believe he had an event and he was scared, but based on all of the above, I think it would be a really good idea for him to retake a cave class before he goes in the overhead again.

I tuned out at around the 20th F-bomb. I can't take someone who speaks like that seriously.

The few minutes I listened to made me wonder what kind of training he had...

...Again I do not know one agency that teaches or condones this.
Yeah, a lot of it doesn't add up or make any sense. Especially the stuff about you dont help someone else, each for themselves

So you made it what... 30 or 45 seconds?

I tuned out at around the 20th F-bomb. I can't take someone who speaks like that seriously.

Intense with some strong language...

Been a cave diver 14 yrs
Been in a silt out and off the gold line and remember thinking I might die. But I did as I was trained.
Never going diving with this dude.

"you could almost call him an instructor" :D

His experience cave diving in Cozumel is intense to listen to. It has a lot of sporty language. Don't play in earshot of those with sensitive ears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom