So I am not the only person roasting this moron....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deleted now that threads have been merged. No need for redundant information.

There is a previous thread on this. Being familiar with Aerolito and diving it shortly after this interview I think it is highly exaggerated.

Yes, all I got from it was that he is a ****** diver... (fecal reference to his diving skills auto-bleeped).

You inflate the BCD in a silt out so you know what's up (and down)
You breath off the BCD in case of OOA, it gives you a few breaths before you pass out from hipoxia, old divers were taught to do this as passing out and drowning sounds better then just drowning.
You shut off the light so you have a chance of spoting sunlight, in a compleate siltout your light is useless anyway.
He is a trained cave diver and all the steps he did that people are laughing to are survival technics that can come in useful and were taught by old school navy instructors, mine included.

I can't believe how meen people are to someone who is obviously sharing a incident that shaked him and that can teach a valuable lesson. Shame on you all, you are the reason most dive incidents are not shared and studied.

one would want to use stages or deco bottles on both sides if using steel tank stages which may be very negatively buoyant and thus would make swimming difficult if all would be clipped on the left. it is a practical solution. you can spot that in for example in the Mark Powell book. I guess it is much more common to use alu80's these days unless handling the stages in dry sections would be easier with steel

I’ve never been in a silt out or deep cave for that matter. I can easily see someone panicking if it’s their first experience with one. But the guy works in an entertainment industrie and is on a glorified podcast. So ya the story telling style seems exactly on point for the audience

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom