So Cal divers what are you wearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChasingRichard once bubbled...
I was thinking 200 would do for Catalina what do you Catalina divers think is 200 thick enough seems to be from the posts I have read.

Yeah, 200G is enough IMO. I use 200G thinsulate year round.

Wether you go wet or dry, you want to make sure that your warm. PATCO makes underwater wet and dry suit heaters www.patcoinc.com. I love wet and will stay wet in MAryland, until I move to ALASKA.:)

I used to do the Socal year round in a 7mm one peice Bodyglove. I got sick of doing a fourth dive off Ana Capa and freezing my ass off. I got a DUI CLX450 a few years ago and will never go back to wet. As for undergarments, I started using DUI 400g ug and wow was that a mistake. It was way too bulky and too warm for year round. I then got a set of DUI single layer Actionwear pants and jacket which was great for anything above 65. I then got a set of DUI double layer Actionwear and that is perfect for winter. So I don't use the 400g anymore, in fact I had really forgotten about it. I need to put it on eBay. Any offers?

It's a personal preference, like most scuba gear but here's my two cents. There are few times per year I use a 7m suit with 3m hooded vest because I get cold fast. For a 3-tank dive, I want to be very comfortable so most of the year, I dive in a dry suit.

Don't go lower than 7mm suit, add either a hooded vest or 3m vest and 5m hood, nice gloves (mine are 3m and I'm okay in those) and good booties. Between dives, it helps to have a nice insulated jacket to wear on chilly or windy days.

If everyone is comfortable enough that way, you can get into dry suits down the road. :)

~ R

How does this happen? This post is old enough to get certified.

Back
Top Bottom