So-Cal coming to Mid-Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone, my name is Billy, and I'm a dive-a-holic. "Hi Billy!" So I'm a so-cal guy heading out to Monterey with my lady for a few days hoping to dive on Saturday, July 12th, pending finding a buddy.

About me: I've got about 200 dives under my belt, most in so-cal and I try to get out at least once a week down here. I dive a BP/W + longhose and love everyone!

So if anyone would be kind enough to take this foreigner out for a dive on Saturday I'd appreciate it. I don't know any of your divesites so I'm open to dive wherever. And of course if any of you decide you would like to venture down here I as always offer my services to you, and if I'm not available I know many others who are :)

Billy

Hi everyone, my name is Billy, and I'm a dive-a-holic. "Hi Billy!" So I'm a so-cal guy heading out to Monterey with my lady for a few days hoping to dive on Saturday, July 12th, pending finding a buddy.

About me: I've got about 200 dives under my belt, most in so-cal and I try to get out at least once a week down here. I dive a BP/W + longhose and love everyone!

So if anyone would be kind enough to take this foreigner out for a dive on Saturday I'd appreciate it. I don't know any of your divesites so I'm open to dive wherever. And of course if any of you decide you would like to venture down here I as always offer my services to you, and if I'm not available I know many others who are :)

Billy

Hey Billy,

I look forward to diving with you Sunday at Pt Lobos, but if you show up in that swimming trunk that I see on your avatar, I'm making a run for it! :rofl3: Good thing that's not you in the avatar. :D

Hey Billy,

I look forward to diving with you Sunday at Pt Lobos, but if you show up in that swimming trunk that I see on your avatar, I'm making a run for it! :rofl3: Good thing that's not you in the avatar. :D

Doc don't sweat it, I'll keep it under my drysuit! :rofl3: Seriosuly though thanks agin for offering up your buddy services. i'm really looking forward to shooting some Monterey video.

Billy

Doc don't sweat it, I'll keep it under my drysuit! :rofl3: Seriosuly though thanks agin for offering up your buddy services. i'm really looking forward to shooting some Monterey video.

Billy

You had to say that! I don't need that picture in my mind :no

I hope this weekend's conditions will be like last week. On one dive I had 100 feet of clear viz. It was like diving in the tropics.

You had to say that! I don't need that picture in my mind :no

I hope this weekend's conditions will be like last week. On one dive I had 100 feet of clear viz. It was like diving in the tropics.

Are you serious? 100ft? Wow! We had about 30 last night and it was a landmark night! Don't get my hopes up now although the swell and wind predictions looks pretty awesome for Sunday. Tides look good too, low tide hits right when we're planning on getting in and between then and high tide it's only a 2' shift. Much less then we're used to down here.

I'm doing my initial prepping on the video housing now, really looking forward to it.

Billy

Are you serious? 100ft? Wow! We had about 30 last night and it was a landmark night! Don't get my hopes up now although the swell and wind predictions looks pretty awesome for Sunday. Tides look good too, low tide hits right when we're planning on getting in and between then and high tide it's only a 2' shift. Much less then we're used to down here.

I'm doing my initial prepping on the video housing now, really looking forward to it.

Billy

Yes, on one dive it was a very clear 100' of viz and I didn't bring my video camera. :-(

Getting back into lobos on high tide is good. It's easier to walk up the ramp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom