So ACR now has a PLB with AIS in the same unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harder to have much transmit power and/or battery life at that size, though…
Agreed. The power to talk to a far-away satellite is much more than typical BT or BTLE distances. The issue is more than just waterproofing; it is also size to permit the functionality.

Hoping to have a larger version of the DRYFOB at one point. A couple of failed attempts but we think we have something that can work. Now, trying to keep it closer to $100 instead of $200. More to come on that front ...

Jaan I like the dryfob a lot but it needs much beefier (bigger) attachment points on the xl.

Harder to have much transmit power and/or battery life at that size, though…
Yeah I was kidding but certainly wouldn't complain if they could make it smaller and waterproof at significant depth (I believe plb specs require 24hr battery)

I believe plb specs require 24hr battery
Yep, with five years or more standby before sending 5 watt signals into space and flashing a strobe. Isn't the 21st century great?

This thread had me second guessing that mine was satellite based.

406Mhz is satellite based. 121.5 is the old VHF guard frequency. The new one basically does everything, 406, 121.5, and AIS. Combine it with other rescue implements if they can't find you, they sent Stevie Wonder as your search crew.

Those ResQLink's at 4.52x2.03x1.49 fit nicely in the existing DRYFOB-XL too,
Below is the View .. with a pic someone sent in. Same dimensions.

1718554975912.png

Yes but you really need to read the manual and learn it better.

And the form factor sucks for putting in available u/w canisters...

7.87” (H) x 1.41” (W) x 0.86” (D)

So I wanted one of these but it's positively buoyant even with a PLB inside. What can I add inside the case to make it only slightly positive that won't hurt the PLB? Is a stick on lead wheel weight the right thing to balance this out?

lid%20off.jpg

Don't think it the worst form factor.
One idea PVC pipe with a plastic cam lock on top. It can double as your long hose holder in place of a canister light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom