snuff dipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decide to quit. You have to make the decision to quit - until you choose, you won't be able to quit. While you're working on that decision, don't try to quit but do observe your habit. Look for what you like about tobacco, look for what you don't like. What are the little triggers that make you reach for the tin? Why do you chew? Get to know the habit before you try to beat it.

Consider the incremental quit. I smoked my weed and found it helped to quit in steps: first to go was smoking at work, then smoking at home, then smoking everywhere but the saloon, finally I took some time off from the saloon so that I wouldn't be smoking there, either.

Get help. Talk to your family and friends before you quit and after. Let them know you need their help. Talk to them about your feelings. I found that simply talking to my friends about how hard it was made it easier. Talk to your doctor. Xyban helped me to quit but the dreams were very gritty.

Don't give up. If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and climb back aboard. Don't beat yourself up but do learn from the experience. Don't hide the fact that you stumbled from your family and friends.

One day at a time. Actually, your first couple of months, it's more like one minute at a time. Keep your sense of humor and remember that it will get better. There are still occasions when it occurs to me that a cigarette would be a wonderful thing, however it's been nearly 4 years since I sucked my last butt. That image alone helps me keep on the straight and narrow. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom