SNSI Multi Level Diver?? Vs PADI Deep Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo19D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm new to diving with 30 something dives and did OW and AOW with PADI.

I'm interested in doing PADI Deep Diver but I contacted the guy who did my OW because he does both PADI and SNSI.

He's offering a SNSI course called Multi Level diver where you go to 30-35M spend some time there and then go to 20M and then to 10M. He says he prefers it to PADI because in Padi Deep Diver you just go down to 40M and then come up.

1) I can't find a course by that name in SNSI but I do see one called Deep Diver. Maybe named different in Spanish?

2) I thought there was more to PADI Deep Diver than what he explained.

I'd appreciate any info you guys can give on the above and which course is better.

I'm new to diving with 30 something dives and did OW and AOW with PADI.

I'm interested in doing PADI Deep Diver but I contacted the guy who did my OW because he does both PADI and SNSI.

He's offering a SNSI course called Multi Level diver where you go to 30-35M spend some time there and then go to 20M and then to 10M. He says he prefers it to PADI because in Padi Deep Diver you just go down to 40M and then come up.

1) I can't find a course by that name in SNSI but I do see one called Deep Diver. Maybe named different in Spanish?

2) I thought there was more to PADI Deep Diver than what he explained.

I'd appreciate any info you guys can give on the above and which course is better.
Never heard of SNSI and their website doesn't help. But if he thinks that is all you do in PADI Deep then don't take the course from him because he doesn't know how to teach it. A good instructor could add some multilevel info to the PADI Deep course and you could practice it on dive 4 of the class, within standards.

Hi, I´m AOWD Instructor with SNSI in Argentina. We teach Advanced Open Water Diver course which has 5 specialties, one of them is Deep Diving.
I've never heard of that Multi Level diver course. What we teach is that the freshly certified deep diver should dive up to 30 meters depth in the first deep dives and after some experience, go beyond and reach up to 40 meters. Perhaps there is some misunderstanding with the information given.
Never heard of SNSI and their website doesn't help. But if he thinks that is all you do in PADI Deep then don't take the course from him because he doesn't know how to teach it. A good instructor could add some multilevel info to the PADI Deep course and you could practice it on dive 4 of the class, within standards.

SNSI is an International certification Agency afiliated to WRSTC based in Italy. It has already 25 years in the market and was one of the first agencies to pursue Nitrox as a recreational diving mix, in the times when Nitrox was a bad word in the recreational landscape.

PADI used to have a Multi Level Diver course, not sure if they still do or shelved it now that most divers use computers.
He could teach you the same principles in a Deep Diver course.... or most any other course for that matter.

SNSI Advanced OW course goes to 40m, their Deep Diver course is mostly used to bridge the gap for divers coming from other agencies whose AOW goes to 30 or 35m
A good Deep course plan would involve a multi level dive, if you do a straight "bounce to NDL" then you'd struggle to make a 30 min dive duration, unless you spent a bunch of time at the safety stop doing skills.

Back
Top Bottom