Snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's been this wonderful invention: quick attach. I have one on my mask strap at all times. Snorkel itself: not so much.

I'm like @tilikum - surprised this thread is only 3 pages so far. Fact: 96.346% of diving fatalities, the deceased was found without a snorkel. Just kidding.
I just leave mine on the mask strap but it's black, has no corrugated end piece and has the little ping pong ball in a cage attached to the top end. People on dive boats gather around it and it makes them smile

I carry a roll up in my BC pocket (clipped in on a loop) so that if I need it I have it. I hate wearing it but I want to have it when I need it. Ive deployed it a couple of times, most recently while waiting for pick up and knowing that the boat would be running and there would be exhaust present when boarding. I switched to snorkel to conserve air so I would have some when climbing aboard.

I am a beach/shore diver so I always carry one so I can surface swim in a prone position and not be forced to use valuable tank air. Essentially what I do is "snorkel" out to where I want to dive, perform the dive, return to the surface and then snorkel back. By doing it that way I can get two ~1 hour dives off a single HP100.

I'm so cool I dive with 2 snorkels

All this double tube snorkel talk reminded me of these. :)
1694467311_4fa2efa42e.jpg

Doubles snorkel

Nothing new, seen it before.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom