Snorkels and double hose regs

Snorkel, snorkel, snorkel

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with the flexible snorkel for the survey. But it kinda depends upon which mask I use.

49285880227_a9bc592216_k.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2304 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

49255690088_2a67db040c_k.jpg
Masks-1 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

46749904134_d6b7763c07_k.jpg
Winchester Reservoir 041 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

44352087321_df457f2408_k.jpg
IMG_2705 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

But I almost always have a snorkel on either my mask or helmet. My favorite is the Scubapro Shotgun snorkel, and when using a double hose regulator, I simply fold it under my chin.

SeaRat

My preferred snorkel is a rubber contoured from 1980s. I added a bite grip to it that was soaked in hot water and then used to make dental impressions. Short with a wide bore it is very comfortable to swim with and easy to clear. I end up using a clip on snorkel most of the time because the old favorite is a pain in the a** to attach. I only bring a snorkel when I am going to have a long swim out.

First timer to Scubaboard. I am 65 and started diving in 1970 when I was 14 y.o. I don't understand why all recreational divers do not always wear a snorkel unless otherwise indicated by the specific dive. The snorkel is at a minimum a piece of safety gear. I started diving in 1970. I used a Scubapro snorkel with a Voit Swimmaster double hose regulator for many years with a CO2 vest. I wouldn't dive without a snorkel unless I left it at home or if I did not know how to properly use a snorkel. Just baffling to me, but my NAUI cert training in 1970 was so much different from how scuba is taught today.

Back
Top Bottom