snorkel differences..real or imagined?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Tusa Hyperdry. I've been using an Imprex Hyperdry ( the current version is Imprex II TUSA Imprex II Hyperdry Flex Snorkel ) for a good 15 years or so and it hasn't failed me yet. Purge never leaks, and the simple baffle at the top does a very good job of keeping water out. I like it enough that I got them for both kids and my wife when they needed snorkels

I also have a Tusa Hyperdry that still is and has been, my go-to snorkel for around 15 years. Just bought the new model for a trip to Hawaii and expect that will be my new travel snorkel.

I also have a Tusa Hyperdry that still is and has been, my go-to snorkel for around 15 years. Just bought the new model for a trip to Hawaii and expect that will be my new travel snorkel.
My fave too. I can snorkel with any tube but I like the Hyperdry. And it comes in combos with my favorite mask the Tusa Imprex Hyperdry for about $50 for both on Amazon

Even the Tusa Hyperdry has some breathing resistance built into it. The Scubapro Shotgun snorkel doesn't have resistance built into the design, as the air pathway is clear. Below is a diagram explaining that concept. Here's the patent on the Shotgun Snorkel concept:
US4278080A - Diving snorkel - Google Patents

Here's a photo of me on the hoist under the HH-34 helicopter, when I was in the 304th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron (Reserve), Portland Air Base, Oregon. Note the orange top of the snorkel showing in the photo (about 1972-73 time period).
HH-34%20Water%20Pickup_zpsuwn2aagp.jpg

SeaRat

Attachments

• Scubapro Shotgun Reduced.jpg
    Scubapro Shotgun Reduced.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 100

Back
Top Bottom