snaps: how to attach to regulator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr.RNA:
I was curious as to how most are attaching their SS snaps to their primary regulator hose.
Just hoping to learn something here....Why would someone attach a ss snap to their regulator hose? I can't recall having seen anything hooked to a reg. hose. Thanks ahead of time, Bob

costi:
Just hoping to learn something here....Why would someone attach a ss snap to their regulator hose? I can't recall having seen anything hooked to a reg. hose. Thanks ahead of time, Bob

So you can clip your primary regulator off when your on a deco bottle.

It is to clip the reg hose TO something. When second stage is not in use, it usually is clipped to d-ring.

I cheat and use these: Hoseclips

CompuDude:
I've never seen those in use. Looks like they could come undone too easily. How do they work? (Not that DIR would allow it)

They're most definitely NOT DIR, but they work great. They're a really tight fit, so they won't come undone very easy. The large tab on the end can be pushed through without too much of a fight, but it takes a conscious effort to make it happen.

If you do a search you should find the discussion has occured. The biggest question is what will fail in an emergency when you need to deploy your regulator. Cave line means you have to unhook the bolt snap before you pass off the regulator since the cave line won't break. Cable ties may require hard pulling/twisting motion to make them fail so you can deploy your regulator in an emergency,or stop and unhook the bolt snap-different cable ties have different tensile strength. O-rings have a high probability of failure when deploying the regulator in an emergency,but it is said they need to be replaced often since they will succumb to normal attrition.

if you opt to tie the bolt with cave line, soak the line for a few minutes in water. Every time I tie a bolt to something I make sure the knot is REALLY tight, I go diving once and the knot is loose... soak the line and make it REALLY tight and then it pretty much stays REALLY tight. HTH

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom